It’s a fact: Mornings can be tough. When you’re trying to get out the door, a leisurely breakfast isn’t always (or ever) in the cards. These egg muffins are a surefire way to start your day strong. Easy to make ahead of time, this recipe gives you a whole week’s worth of protein-packed breakfasts for solid nutrition and energy to start your day. We’ve made the basic version here, but feel free to mix it up by adding cheese, using different veggies, or boosting it with greens like spinach or kale.
Read More: Recipes for runners
- olive oil / butter for greasing pan
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno, chopped
- 10 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350* F (180* C) and grease 12-cup muffin tin with olive oil or butter
- Chop vegetables and set aside, then whisk eggs together in large bowl.
- Add vegetables to eggs, whisk to combine, then add salt and pepper. Divide egg mixture between 12 muffin cups, and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until starting to brown on top. Cool and store in airtight container in fridge or freezer.
- Pack one or two for a fast, healthy breakfast