If you, like us, are typically skeptical of healthy food masquerading as dessert, this recipe will change your mind. Smooth and silky like the best incarnation of chocolate mousse, this version uses Omega-rich avocado for the smooth texture plus cocoa powder and dates for the sweet chocolate taste without any refined sugar. The result? An all-natural dessert that satisfies without sacrificing taste or texture.
- 1 avocado
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla (optional)
- 2 cups (473 ml.) coconut milk (full fat)
- 3 tbsp (42 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- ⅔ cups (100g) dates (soaked and drained)
- Berries/sliced almonds (for garnish)
- Combine avocado, coconut milk, cocoa powder, soaked dates and vanilla (if desired) in a high speed blender.
- Turn blender on low, then gradually increase speed and blend on high until mousse is smooth.
- Scoop into bowls (the prettier the better), and chill.