Complete dedication to their teams and communities. The ability to motivate and support their athletes during challenging situations. An unwavering Run Happy spirit. After reviewing more than 1,300 nominations for high school track and/or cross country coaches who inspire their athletes every day, Brooks is excited to announce this year’s top 25 finalists for 2012 Inspiring Coach of the Year.
Beginning today, runners, community members, students, and more are invited to visit www.facebook.com/brooksrunning to learn about the finalist coaches and their special stories. Fans are encouraged to show support by voting for their favorites by Sept. 2, 2012. This year’s most inspiring coach will be announced in September 2012.
Hailing from high schools across the U.S., Brooks’ 25 most inspiring high school track and/or cross country coaches for 2012 are:
2012 Inspiring Coches Finalists
- Pete Boudreaux, Catholic High School (Baton Rouge, LA)
- Mark Buesing, Libertyville High School (Libertyville, IL)
- Mike Buslepp, Romeo High School (Romeo, MI)
- Hernando Chavez, Taos High School (Taos, NM)
- Christian Cuthbert, Veritas School (Richmond, VA)
- Jeremy Darby, Landrum High School (Campobello, SC)
- David Davis, Mountain View High School (Stafford, VA)
- Julie Fink, Runnels High School (Baton Rouge, LA)
- Scott Griggs, Franklin High School (Seattle, WA)
- Eric Heintz, Marist School (Atlanta, GA)
- Marcus Jackson, Sheffield High School (Memphis, TN)
- Victoria Jones, Mill Springs Academy (Alpharetta, GA)
- Jerry Loveall, Velma-Alma High School (Velma, OK)
- Kay Nekota, Vacaville High School (Vacaville, CA)
- John O’Malley, Carl Sandburg High School (Orland Park, IL)
- Israel Pose, Torrance High School (Torrance, CA)
- Joseph Prince, Sahuarita High School (Sahuarita, AZ)
- Paul Raley, Benton High School (Benton, WI)
- Wayne Roberts, Sandusky High School (Sandusky, MI)
- Dan Scroggins, Lake City Community School (Lake City, CO)
- Mark Shafer, Chardon High School (Chardon, OH)
- Arthemon Sindayigaya, Abilene Christian High School (Abilene, TX)
- Ben Talsma, Crossroads Charter Academy (Big Rapids, MI)
- Melissa Thomas, Manchester Valley High School (Manchester, MD)
- Connie Washnik, Park Ridge High School (Park Ridge, NJ)
Congratulations to all those who were selected!
Each of the Inspiring Coaches finalists will receive $5,000 in Brooks performance running footwear, apparel, and accessories for their team, $500 in cash for additional team expenses, and membership into the Brooks Inspire Daily (I.D.) program. The Brooks I.D. program is an invitation-only influencer group with members who are active in their running communities and share a passion for the Brooks brand.
The 2012 Inspiring Coach of the Year will also receive an additional $5,000 in Brooks gear, $2,000 in cash and a trip for two to the 2013 Brooks PR Invitational.
Read all the finalists’ stories at www.facebook.com/brooksrunning and vote on your favorite. The community’s votes will be one of the factors we use to choose our 2012 Most Inspiring Coach. The winner will be announced this fall, so stay tuned.
Who is your favorite?