This recipe comes courtesy of Courtesy of Brooks Ambassador Tina of the blog Carrots ‘n’ Cake. Check out her original post here as well as the rest of her blog about managing life as an athlete, mother, and cake aficionado. We’re pretty happy she managed to blend cake and healthy breakfast in one super easy recipe. For those of us with an incurable sweet tooth, this version of overnight oats, with its mix of nutrient-dense ingredients and carrot cake sweetness, makes it a little easier to get out of bed in the morning.
Read More: Recipes for runners
- 1/3 cup (46g) rolled oats
- 1 scoop (30g) vanilla or coconut protein powder
- 1/2 cup (110 ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp (28g) grated carrot
- 1 tbsp (14g) chopped walnuts
- 1 tbsp (14g) unsweetened coconut
- 1 tbsp (14g) raisins
- 1 tsp (2 ml) maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp (2g) chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp (2g) cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Combine ingredients in a mason jar or container with lid.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Eat cold, or heat it up on a stovetop or in the microwave.
Republished with permission of Christina Haupert from Carrots ‘N’ Cake at carrotsncake.com.