Rest and recovery are often underrated parts of a running lifestyle, but they’re as crucial as any workout. This gorgeous smoothie combines the antioxidant power of berries with anti-inflammatory properties of ginger and turmeric for a revitalizing post-run hydration option. Bump up its recovery powers by adding protein powder, or change the flavor by switching up the berries. Whatever you do, don’t forget the fun straw. It may not be scientifically proven, but in our experience a fun straw definitely speeds recovery.
- 1.5 cups (345 ml) almond milk
- 1 cup (225 g) frozen raspberries
- 1 cup (225 g) frozen blueberries
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tbsp (28 g) protein powder (optional)
- 2 tbsp (28 g) chopped ginger
- 2 tsp (10 g) ground turmeric
- Blend berries and half of almond milk briefly.
- Add remaining milk, lemon juice, ginger, turmeric, and protein powder if using.
- Blend on high until smooth and beautiful.
- Garnish with lemon wedge and a fun straw (optional, but recommended!)