As runners, we all know the challenge of training for and running in a race. But finding the right way to show off those race medals and the amazing memories that accompany them can often be a totally different challenge.
Thankfully for us all, our friend David Hylton at Running Because has an awesome, DIY medal rack that you can make for yourself to celebrate all your accomplishments.
You won’t need much more than a little bit of time and a few materials. David shared his list of what you’ll need and how to make it; take a look below to see how you can make your own!
What You’ll Need:
- – Wood letters- I got mine at AC Moore, but you can get them at most craft stores
- – Coat rack- You can get these inexpensively at yard sales or thrift stores
- – Bibs- My rack used about 20, but it all depends on how you want to display them on the letters
- – Scissors
- – Tape
- – Glue
What to Do:
- – Lay out your project beforehand and imagine where the bibs will go on each letter.
- – Begin by placing a bib on the letter and tape it down on the backside. I cut specific parts out of my bib so mostly just the race number showed or the name of the race showed, but you can choose whatever part of the bib you like most.
- – Use scissors to trim the bib to fit the edges of the letter.
- – Glue it down.
- – Repeat!
Once the letters are covered, attach them to the coat rack and mount it. Then, enjoy!
Photos via David’s Instagram.