The following is a guest blog from Brooks Blog Ambassador Jenn Walters of Fit Bottomed Girls. Visit Fit Bottomed Girls for more reasons to say “Thank you, running!”
Oh, running. How I love thee, let me count the ways. No, really! I want to share with you the 15 top reasons why I absolutely adore running. Year after year, day after day, run after run, these are the things that keep me pounding the pavement, the track and the treadmill.
1. You’ve shown me so many amazing sunsets and sunrises.
2. You give me a reason to rock really, really fun shoes.
3. You’ve introduced me to some really cool people.
4. You’ve made me not take myself so seriously (Googling “how to stop butt chaffing” seems to do that to a girl).
5. Um, running jumper!
6. You’ve improved my math skills (Miles, kilometers, conversions … oh, the math!).
7. You’ve let me play in the mud.
8. You can always turn a bad mood into a better one.
9. You’ve given me a workout I can do with my daughter.
10. You’ve made me realize I can always take another step.
11. You’ve pushed me out of my comfort zone.
12. You’ve taught me the importance of nutrition. And hydration. And proper digestion (You know what I’m talking about on that last one … ).
13. Two words: Carb-loading.
14. Two more words: Runner’s high!
15. And most importantly, you’ve made me realize I can do more than I think I can. Always.
What things — large and small — do you love running for? Pretty sure I could come up with another 100!
About the Author:
As co-founder of the site and co-author of The Fit Bottomed Girls Anti-Diet, Jenn has several fitness credentials under her belt: She is an ACE-certified personal trainer, health coach, and advanced health and fitness specialist, and an AFAA-certified group exercise instructor. Jenn has a journalism degree from the University of Missouri and an MA in health journalism from the University of Minnesota. She has also written for numerous online publications including Shape magazine, The Huffington Post, SparkPeople and Diets in Review. In her free time, Jenn can be found doing CrossFit-style workouts with her husband, making a mean green smoothie, running with her pup and snuggling with her daughter.