Running predicaments happen. Example, you step out for your run and realize that your bottoms don’t have a pocket for your keys. You scramble through your options:
A.) Go back inside, change then begin your run.
B.) Hide your keys in a discrete place.
C.) Use a runhack and lace your keys into your shoes.
What option would you choose? We say, runhack to the rescue! It saves time unlike option A and it is safer than option B.
Here are some of our favorite runhacks:
- Want to take your phone with you on a run, but it’s raining? No problem, grab a sandwich Ziploc bag and cover your phone before heading out the door.
- Need to foam roll while you wait to catch an airplane? Put your water bottle to good use and roll out your sore muscles.
- Does your heart rate monitor strap chaf while you run? Tuck a little bit of your KT Tape under the sensor, and voila problem solved.
- Is it supposed to be cold on race day? Bring a trash bag to throw over you clothes to keep you warm while you wait for the race to start.
- Having trouble fitting your run in during the work week? Run commute to save time and Mother Nature.
- Are your hands always cold? Use old tube socks as mittens on race day so you can throw them off whenever your hands warm up.
There are many more run hacks out there, but we want to hear some of yours! What’s your favorite run hack rescue? Comment below or tweet us @brooksrunning.