It’s the calm before the storm. Just a few days until Thanksgiving and, if you’re like us, you’re probably trying to wrap up loose ends at work and prepping your house for company; all while maintaining your mileage goals, eating right and staying hydrated. Phew!
Don’t worry runners, we’re here to help! Our Blog Ambassador Anne at FANNEtastic Foods shared this super easy Butternut Squash Soup recipe. It’s the perfect meal to plan during the pre-Thanksgiving rush!
When you cook up a batch of this delicious (and oh-so-easy!) Sqaush Soup, you’ll be reminded that it doesn’t take much to feel happy, healthy and satisfied. And, hey, that is what Thanksgiving is all about!
Lazy (Wo)Man’s Butternut Squash Soup
Anne says: “If you don’t have celery, beans, or kale, you can also just make this as a basic creamy butternut squash soup using only the other ingredients (although I think you’ll be missing out!). I just like lots of stuff in my soup, I think it makes it way more fun!”
(makes about 3 servings)
- 1 15 oz can (or 2 cups) pureed butternut squash
- 1.5 cups veggie broth
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup cannellini beans, drained & washed (optional)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped (optional)
- big handful of kale (optional)
- Basically, just toss all the ingredients in a pot!
- Stir the mixture over medium heat until it’s warmed through.
- Serve and enjoy!
Looking for more super easy recipes? Anne suggests whipping up these yummy and simple solutions:
- 5-Minute No Bake Peanut Butter Granola Bars
- Almond Encrusted Tilapia
- Chunky Turkey & Vegetable Soup
- Mexican Lasagna
- Scrambled Egg Muffins
- Veggie-tastic Minestrone Soup
Thanks, Anne! Have a Soup-er Thanksgiving, runners!