Taking our PureProject collection to the next level, we are excited to unveil the second generation of the PureProject line, and a new shoe, the PureDrift. The lightest shoe in the collection, the PureDrift further amps up the runner’s connection with the ground and their body. The new shoe features a natural fit, light mesh upper and the ability to modify the shoe to a zero offset while maintaining surprising comfort. PureDrift will launch at retail on Jan. 1, 2013 as part of the second iteration of the PureProject line.
Want to know when the PureDrift launches? Sign-up for email updates.
“PureProject was met with a lot of excitement when it launched, as runners gravitated toward the lightweight ride,” said Andre Kriwet, director of footwear product management at Brooks. “As we thought about what was next, our focus shifted to further honing in on fit, and designing an even lighter, more flexible shoe. Every detail of the PureDrift is engineered to allow the entire shoe to work with the foot in a more natural way. The runner truly drives the experience and the foot drives the shoe.”
Backed by biomechanics research in partnership with with Prof. Dr. Gert-Peter Brüggemann and Prof. Dr. Joseph Hamill, the PureDrift features the original PureProject technologies, BioMoGo DNA, a rounded Heel and Nav Band, as well as:
- A dual toe flex located at the three functional units of the foot, allowing for increased joint articulation and a more connected feel.
- An injected midsole to enhance flexibility and a wider forefoot that allows for foot expansion, increasing stability and giving the runner a more efficient toe off while ensuring proper alignment.
- A removable insole, so the runner can customize their experience from a 4mm offset ready to run out of the box, to a more extreme 0mm offset.
- An ultra-breathable mesh combined with a sleeker upper that gives the shoe a feather weight, near invisible, quality that delivers the ultimate connected experience.
[scribd id=94448754 key=key-q88skqwf2wc96idjqja mode=list]
New PureProject Styles
Updates have also been made to the four original PureProject styles: the PureConnect 2, PureFlow 2, PureCadence 2, and PureGrit 2. These updates utilize the technologies introduced in the original line, while placing increased emphasis on fit. The upper has an all new design that wraps the foot, delivering a customized feel, while allowing the foot to move more naturally.
The PureGrit also debuts a new outsole design. A more aggressive multi-directional lug pattern provides better traction for maneuvering tough trails.
The PureFlow 2 and PureCadence 2 will be available at retail starting Dec. 1, 2012, for $100 and $120, respectively. The PureConnect 2, PureGrit 2 and PureDrift will hit stores on Jan. 1, 2013, and sell for $90 and $110, respectively. The all-new PureDrift will be available also be available on Jan. 1, 2013, for $100. Sign-up on brooksrunning.com for email updates on the release of these new lightweight styles.
- PureProject rounded heel technologies (pdf)
- PureDrift (pdf)
- PureConnect 2 (pdf)
- PureFlow 2 (pdf)
- PureCadence 2 (pdf)
- PureGrit 2 (pdf)
Do you like to connect with your run? Which PureProject shoe do you run in?