We runners like our food. Tasty food at that! And what better way to reward yourself after a hard run than with a hearty and nutritious meal. This Fast Food Recipe may have more ingredients than others, but we promise the end result will be more than satisfying.
In the mood to cook all week? Check out our Chickpea Lemon and Herb Salad, Turkey and Spinach Salad, West African Pumpkin Soup with Peanuts, Quinoa Salad with Lime Dressing and Tuna & Artichoke Salad with Sun-Dried. Enjoy!
Thai Chicken Curry
1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
1 small red onion, sliced
1-2 tablespoons red Thai curry paste (we like Mae Ploy)
2 14oz cans unsweetened coconut milk (can be light coconut milk)
2 stalks celery, sliced thin
1 red or yellow bell pepper, sliced thin
1 large carrot, sliced thin
1 pound skinless boneless chicken breast, sliced thin
1 tablespoon fish sauce
2 teaspoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- Heat oil in large pan, and cook onions until just soft.
- Add curry paste and cook till fragrant.
- Stir in coconut milk, celery, carrots and bell pepper, bring to a simmer and cook just until vegetables are tender (about 10 minutes).
- Add chicken and continue to simmer about 10-15 minutes longer, until chicken is cooked through.
- Add fish sauce, brown sugar, and lime juice.
- Serve over jasmine rice and top with peanuts and cilantro.
For a vegetarian version, replace chicken with 16 ounces of edamame. Also try substituting brown rice for the jasmine rice for a fiber-rich option.