For the second year in a row, Brooks is inviting the fastest high school runners in the country to compete against one another on the fastest track in the nation. Taking place on Feb. 26, 2012, this invite-only event gives students the opportunity to test their speed against the best of the best and break their own personal records (PR).
Qualified athletes will sprint to the finish and crush records at Dempsey Indoors, located at the University of Washington, one of the fastest indoor tracks in the country. Participants will race against themselves and their peers in one of six events: 60m, 60m Hurdles, 400m, 800m, 1600m, and the 2 mile. Each event will feature eight to 12 of the best high school runners nationwide.
Not headed to Seattle? You can still watch live!
To give all high school runners and fans the opportunity to experience the Brooks PR Invitational, Brooks will partner with Flotrack to stream live on meet day. On Sunday, Feb. 26, viewers can catch all the action at www.flotrack.org.
The inaugural 2011 Brooks PR Invitational featured breakout performances and record smashing times:
- Ajee Wilson (Neptune, NJ) claimed the number 1 spot in the US for the mile, clocking in at 4:49.48
- The top eight finishers in the girls 2 mile all ran faster than the previous national leader in the event. Sophmore Wesley Frazier led the way with a time of 10:17.46, just edging out the number 2 finisher Kayla Beattie at 10:17.93
- Six of the nation’s number one high school times were produced: Girls 60M dash, Girls 400M, Girls Mile, Girls 2Mile, Boys 60M, and Boys 400M
- Seven of the nation’s number two high school times were produced:
- Girls 60M Hurdles, Girls 400M, Girls 800M, Girls 2Mile, Boys 60M, Boys Mile, Boys 2Mile
- In the Girls 60M, Dezerea Bryant ran the 5th fastest all-time, clocking-in at 7.26
For more information about the Brooks PR Invitational, visit www.flotrack.org/brookspr.
Want to see what this competition looks like? Checkout the video below of our 2011 PR Invitational. Good luck to all the athletes competing in 2012!