One of my favorite things about working at Brooks is the monthly costume run. But if your workplace doesn’t offer that perk, you can add some extra Happy to your weekend Run at one of these Halloween-themed races:
10. Halloween Hustle 5K, Palatine, IL, Saturday 10/30. Fifth anniversary of this event that received the Chicago Area Runners Association “Best of Chicagoland” designation.
9. Bethlehem Halloween 5K, Bethlehem, PA, Sunday 10/31. Runners race along the Halloween Parade route just before the bands begin to march. Run fast or you might get passed by a tuba.
8. Pumpkin Push 5K, Seattle, WA Saturday 10/30. A family-friendly 5K through beautiful Seward Park along the banks of Lake Washington.
7. Run Thru Hell 10K / 5K, Hell Creek Ranch, Pinckney, MI, Sunday 10/31. A great name and a great cause – this year’s race is a fundraiser for Dolores Hensley, who was very active in the Michigan running community until she suffered a stroke last year.
6. Blue Moon Wicked 10K, Virginia Beach, VA, Saturday 10/30. A fun, festive course that finishes on the boardwalk… with plenty of “sponsored beverages”.
5. Miami Beach Halloween Half Marathon, Miami Beach, FL, Sunday 10/31. Fun course along the beach, great looking shirts, and gorgeous medals.
4. Provo Halloween Half Marathon, Provo, UT, Saturday 10/30. Billed as “the most fun you can have in Provo without being arrested”. Lots of costumes and a scenic, downhill course.
3. Monster Dash, Chicago, IL, Sunday 10/31. Starts and finishes in Grant Park – and half marathon finishers get a “great gnarly Harley-style belt buckle” as a “medal”. (Currently wondering if I can go to Chicago on Sunday…)
2. Athens Marathon, Athens, Greece, Sunday 10/31. Okay, it’s not a Halloween-themed race. But this 2500th anniversary run would be a good opportunity to run in a toga.
1. Marine Corps Marathon, Washington DC, Sunday 10/31. Again, not Halloween-themed, but I’m sure the People’s Marathon will have a few people running in costumes!