Brooks held its first annual I.D. (Inspire Daily) Run Camp from June 18-21, 2009. Sixty-five Brooks I.D. members made the trip to Seattle for four days of running, fun, Brooks footwear and gear previews, and much much more. First stop: a tour of Brooks HQ in Bothell, followed by three intensive days at Crystal Mountain, near Mt. Rainier.
For recaps of the event, check out the blog postings of I.D. Member Jean Pommier, popular run blogger Frayed Laces, and Steve DeKoker, who runs the I.D. Program at Brooks.
Jean, a transplanted Frenchman who recently ran the Western States 100, lives and works in the Bay Area. Not only did he fully participate in all the activities at I.D. Camp—he also blogged each night. His posts are full of incredible detail, plus great accompanying photos.
- Brooks I.D. Camp – Day One (More Day One photos)
- Brooks I.D. Camp – Day Two (More Day Two photos)
- Brooks I.D. Camp – Day Three (More Day Three photos)
- Brooks I.D. Camp – Day Four (More Day Four photos)
Frayed Laces. a k a Laura Kloepper. is a highly popular blogger in the running community who was invited to the camp to participate, observe, and, of course, blog!
- Brooks I.D. Run Camp Part I
- Brooks I.D. Run Camp Part II
- Brooks I.D. Run Camp Part III
- Letter from Brooks I.D. Run Camp Day One
- Letter from Brooks I.D. Run Camp Day Two
- Invitation to Brooks I.D. Run Camp
See Steve’s July I.D. Newsletter for his recap of the inaugural Brooks I.D. camp.