We’re excited to unveil the latest update to Brooks’ #1 shoe – the Adrenaline GTS 9! We update the Adrenaline GTS every year, and this version is the best yet. If you enjoyed the GTS 8, 7 (or 6, 5, 4…), then you’ll be thrilled with this one.
What makes this shoe great? We call it the GTS because it’s the ‘Go To Shoe’ for so many runners. The recipe for success is superior support, a snug “midfoot wrap,” and great “forefoot capture.”
“Midfoot wrap” is how the upper of the shoe conforms to the middle of the foot. Not just the arch, but also the side of the foot. With a snug midfoot wrap you get a shoe that feels “at one” with the foot.
“Forefoot capture” refers to how the shoe holds the forefoot in place and keeps it from sliding around. One aspect that makes the Adrenaline so phenomenal is its ability to offer a generous fitting forefoot, while at the same time maintaining an unsurpassed level of forefoot capture. This is possible because the met head windows (mesh panels on either side of the forefoot) expand out to accommodate multiple foot types, but the overlays keep the foot securely in place. (Ha! I used to think the non-mesh overlays were just pretty designs!)
So what’s different vs. prior versions of the shoe?
* Midfoot Wrap: We altered the placement of the non-mesh overlays for even better midfoot wrap.
* Engineered Heel Geometry: We altered the “crumple zone configuration” (the lateral/outsole heel where the foot strikes the ground — or, the “colored heel” portion of the shoe) through a separate mold piece that helps to better control motion at impact.
* Last but not least, cool new colors! (Including an edgy all-black for both men and women!)
What’s the Same?
* Stability: The stability of the Adrenaline GTS 9 has been maintained through consistent placement and geometry of the PDRB® (Progressive Diagonal Roll Bar).
* Snug Forefoot Capture: Once again, the Adrenaline GTS 9 delivers on this desirable feature.
* Outsole Pattern Configuration: The flex grooves from the decoupled heel outsole pattern all the way through the forefoot are anatomically designed for the moderately pronating foot. Optimal support and integrity are offered while guiding the foot to an effortless toe off.
Like what you heard but want a trail shoe? Look for the Adrenaline ASR 5. It adopts the upper pattern and midsole package of the Adrenaline GTS 8 – but has a “weatherized” upper and an aggressive outsole which provides traction off-road and is still reliable on pavement.