May | 25
(0)
Run Happy

Global Run Happy Report examines intersections of running and life across the world

Surprise, surprise, runners! Running makes the day better for 97 percent of you!

OK, so you might have been able to guess that, but did you know that 57 percent of runners are likely to come up with their best ideas on the run versus in the shower or the car or anywhere else?

Or how about the fact that only 6 percent of runners across the world prefer a greasy burger and a beer after their race? And here I was thinking I was normal for making that my post-5K go-to…

Our 2016 Global Run Happy Report polled runners from seven countries around the world and examines the intersection of running with everyday life when it comes to pop culture, nutrition, family, sex and more. We do the report each year in celebration of runners and Global Running Day, coming up on June 1 this year. Be sure to join us by downloading your special race bib here.

Here are some of the highlights:

Stop and take a selfie

If you didn’t share it did it really happen?

• Worldwide, 59% of runners share their runs on social media and Facebook is the most popular platform (40%).
  • Whether before, during or after, 35% of runners agree run selfies are a must.

Slow and steady wins the race… in bed

Marathons, mud runs, intervals and rest days can translate into the bedroom:

• Thirty four percent of runners worldwide compared their intimacy style to a marathon: slow, steady and in it for the long haul while 37% prefer an interval-style, with periods of high energy and breaks. Only 19% admitted they like to get a little dirty with a lot of laughs à la mud runs.
  • The run can also be a natural aphrodisiac with more than half of runners (54%) reporting the energy boost from running is a natural turn on.

Female power

From sports bras to make-up, women have their own unique running language:

• For women worldwide, the greatest concern when running is lack of support from their sports bra (30%). When they find the right fit, more than half of female runners in the U.S. (65%) said they would wear their sports bra in place of their regular bra.
  • To wear or not to wear? Nearly half (48%) of female runners globally run or consider running in just their sports bra. Women in the U.S. are most likely (24%) to ditch their shirt while those in France are least likely to run shirtless (73%).
  • Mascara, blush and concealer; it’s a toss-up. Fifty six percent of female runners always or sometimes wear makeup on the run while 44% vow never to sweat it out with makeup.

Olympic dreams

Olympic fever isn’t just for the elites:

• Most runners would choose to represent their country at the Olympics by carrying the torch through their hometown (37%), or competing in a track & field event (41%).
  • When asked to pick their dream relay squad, athletes (53%) are more coveted than Hollywood actors (19%), supermodels (12%) and the royal family (11%). In last place were the Kardashian sisters (Kourtney, Kim and Khloe), with only 4%.
16-52-0273_Run_Happy_Survey_Infographic_150dpi-01

About Derek
I’m a runner, a writer, and a shoe lover who enjoys morning coffee, travel, singing in the car, and getting legitimately lost on trail runs. Three things I can’t live without: bubble tea, Fridays, and my Brooks PureFlow’s.
0 Comments

Leave a Reply

• (will not be published)

XHTML: You can use these tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>