Jul | 8
(0)
Athletes, Events, Run Happy, Uncategorized

Ryan Sissons’ Countdown to the Commonwealth Games

By Ryan Sissons, NZ Triathlete and Member of Team Brooks

Ryan

It is now 16 days until I compete at my very first Commonwealth Games in Glasgow as part of the New Zealand Triathlon Team. It’s fair to say most of the hard work has already been done, and it’s now time to settle down, recover and fine tune until race day on the 24th July. For the last 7 days I have been based in Loughborough in the UK, a little town with some great training facilities and surroundings and a place quite similar in weather conditions to Glasgow. I will be based here until 4 days before my race in which the NZ team will head to Glasgow.

What do I do between now and then?

This weekend I will race another round of the World Triathlon Series Hamburg in Germany as a good hit out race 10 days out of the Commonwealth Games. It’s a stellar field assembling so a perfect opportunity to test my form and a final race situation hit out before the big show. Post Hamburg I will travel back to the UK and recover and rest as best and as fast as I can before the final push in training. There is only a 10 days window of training post Hamburg so the training I will do will be very precise and specific. For the last few months I have been doing some pretty solid training, with between 25-30 hours a week of training, however as it draws closer to races and especially the Commonwealth Games this is cut down to between 15-20 hours in order to let the body rest and recover.

That’s about all for now. I am extremely excited to compete for my country at the games but for now it’s only right to put the head back down and get the preparation as best I can.

Ryan

Check out the Brooks Racer ST that Ryan Sissons will be using on his road to Commonwealth Games glory in Glasgow.

0 Comments

Leave a Reply

• (will not be published)

XHTML: You can use these tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>