Jun | 1
Shoes & Gear

The New Glycerin 12: Cushioning that Goes Above and Beyond

Calling all cushion-lovers and the neutral-footed! Are you seeking plush comfort and a form-fitting upper? Are you craving the Float experience? Look no further than the brand new Glycerin 12!

The Glycerin 12 goes above and beyond the standards of comfort to deliver over-the-top cushion by adapting some of the key technologies first introduced in the Transcend earlier this year. We completely re-imagined the Glycerin 12 so that it now includes fresh technologies that maximize plushness and smartly tune the shoe to a runner’s every step.

Some of the amazing updates to take note of are:

– A specially designed upper, using revolutionary 3D Fit Print technology, delivers a wrapped fit that conforms to the individuals foot.

– A new Ideal Pressure Zone construction underfoot distributes pressure evenly from heel to forefoot to maximize shock absorption and create an incredibly smooth transition.

– The Rounded Heel keeps the body in its optimal alignment by promoting a more efficient foot strike.

– And, as the second shoe in Brooks’ line-up to feature Super DNA, the Glycerin 12 offers a cushioned ride that adapts instantaneously to the runner’s stride.

While these features keep you running happy, check out how awesome the all new Glycerin 12 looks!

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

The shoe is available now in stores and online at brooksrunning.com. Try it out, and Run Happy today.

About Derek
I’m a runner, a writer, and a shoe lover who enjoys morning coffee, travel, singing in the car, and getting legitimately lost on trail runs. Three things I can’t live without: bubble tea, Fridays, and my Brooks PureFlow’s.
16 Comments
  • Drake

I love your shoes… some of the best I’ve ever worn in fact. But how about going back to offering some more subdued, basic color schemes (you know, like plain black?)

I can’t stand the “fashion” trend of gaudy neon/rainbow shoes, and I certainly can’t wear them to work… my running shoes need to be dual purpose, and I don’t intend to color coordinate an “outfit” with them so I look good on a treadmill at the gym.

How about throwing the real runners a bone and stop trying to be so trendy with the hideous colors.

Thanks.

• SaraDorn

Is the glycerin 12 similar to the glycerin 10? I loved the 10 but not the 11.

• brooksblog

Hi Sara,

While still offering a plush, cushioned ride like the previous
      models, the SuperDNA midsole along with some other key changes really set the
      Glycerin 12 apart from the previous models. It could be your new favorite!

We hope you check it out at your local running store!: http://brks.co/brooksdealers

Run Happy!

• Dan

Plain black running shoes are definitely the most hideous option possible. Keep the colors coming, Brooks!

• Gail

Agreed!

• Christopher Williams

I Second this. No plain black please. The colors are awesome!

• Chris

2nd the request for more basic colors.

Tacky colors may be hip atm, but shoes like these look like they belong on the feet of a five year old child, or on a clown in the circus. Yuck

• newruner

How about the toe box? I love the big area for my toes in the 11’s. Did you keep this with the 12?

• DRH

What are the release dates for the future colors? The 3 posts here are nice especially the orange color, but I would imagine that you will release a couple more brighter color combinations.

• brooksblog

The Glycerin 12 is available in three colors each for men and women; we’ll have new colors coming this winter. See more at http://brks.co/glycerin12.

• doris kerwin

I loved the glycerin 9 and 10, I was very disappointed in the 11 and I bought the 12 and returned it, the toe box feels more narrow and the cushion is no where near the 9 or ten. I still have my 9 and 10 in the garage to mow the lawn and I wish I could still buy them. every time I put them on I feel the difference( and these are worn out!) and still have more cushion than the 11 and 12. I hope brooks changes back to the original style.

• brooksblog

Hi Doris! Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback for
      us about the Glycerin. If the updated Glycerin isn’t working out as well
      for you we would be happy to suggest some other models that may offer a more
      comparable fit and feel to what you are used to. Please give us a call at
      1-800-227-6657, we are here from 7am-5pm PST, Monday through Friday and on chat
      from 8am-8pm M-F and 10-7 on weekends.

• Nance

Is the Glycerin 12 built on the same last as the Glycerin 11?

• brooksblog

Hi Nance. While we made changes to the midsole and outsole design, the Glycerin 12’s last is the same as the 11.

• Realtalk

I was a Glycerin runner from the 8 until the 11 – on a side note, you guys missed a great marketing opportunity with the Glycerin 9. Totally could have been the Nine-troGlycerin. Get it?

Anyways, I seriously don’t get how you guys market these as ‘Super Cushioned’ or feeling like you’re running on clouds. Do you guys even wear the shoes you make? The 9 and 10 were incredible shoes. Promoted a good midfoot/forefoot strike, INCREDIBLE cushion, and I still think the 10 is my favorite shoe ever. I put 700 miles on my last pair. I was excited for the 11. When I tried it on I didn’t believe it was a Glycerin. It was a completely different shoe with (I was shocked to find) MUCH less cushion. I still bought them with the hope that they would wear in and be enjoyable as the 10s. Nope. Right out of the box they have less cushioning than the 10 had after 700 miles. After 300 miles, they’re still no different. Plus, you guys still haven’t figured out how to fix the problem with the side busting out (from the pinky toe back) – seriously, just put a bit of the 3-D print stuff there and it wouldn’t be an issue.

In any case, when I tried on the 12, I was disappointed to find it was pretty much the same shoe as the 11 was. Come on. It’s just insulting to those who have loved the glycerin line to have to see all these ads saying how cushy it is.

I see here in the comments a lot of the same sentiment as I’m expressing. Again, after about 250 miles in the 11s I threw on my old 10s and was blown away with how amazing they felt. Made me wonder why I was still running in the 11s. In any case, I don’t know where you guys went wrong. You should really listen to the people who wear the shoes and not just the advertising department when making shoes.

And don’t get me wrong; I don’t hate Brooks. I’ll be the first one to hop back onboard the Glycerin train when it comes back to the [right] town. But it’s currently too busy on it’s trip to Tipperary from what I can see.