Sep | 16
(3)
Run Happy Inspiration

5 Ways to Celebrate #RunAtWork Day

You run on the weekends, you run at night, you even run at 5 a.m., but how often do you run at work? Get ready, because here’s your chance!

Join us this Friday, Sept. 20, for National Run@Work Day!

Celebrate this running holiday by taking time to run at work this Friday. Consider it your duty as a runner to observe this very important holiday! Here are a few ideas to get your brain and legs turning: 

1. Run to work

celebrate run at work day, brooks running run at work day, when is run at work day, run at work day 2013

Bring a pair of work clothes in to the office on Thursday so that on Friday morning, you can run to work and get those morning miles done! A bus ride, car pool or maybe even a few extra afternoon miles will get you back home and ready for the weekend!

2. Park and run

celebrate run at work day, brooks running run at work day, when is run at work day, run at work day 2013

Is work farther away from home than a few easy morning miles? Try commuting close to work and then running in. You’ll get to celebrate and also still be alert for the workday ahead.

3. Run during lunch

Take your lunch hour to go for a run. Consider packing a healthy meal in the morning along with your running gear so you can chow down when you get back to work. It will also give you something tasty to look forward! Yum yum!

4. Run during work

If your day is jam packed, get creative with where and when you run. Try running from meeting to meeting or even running in place at your desk. Every place is a good place to run on Run@Work Day!

5. Run home from work

Relax after your long Friday at work with a run home. Bring your running gear with you in the morning so you’re ready to disconnect and Run Happy on Friday afternoon.

What other ways will you Run Happy at work? Share them in the comments below and on your social media accounts with the #runatwork hashtag.

About Derek
I’m a runner, a writer, and a shoe lover who enjoys morning coffee, travel, singing in the car, and getting legitimately lost on trail runs. Three things I can’t live without: bubble tea, Fridays, and my Brooks PureFlow’s.
3 Comments
  1. TwinCities In Motion

TCM Staff loves #funrunfridays! We try to make it a weekly habit when we’re not too busy with our Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon season.

2. carinaruns

I’ve been running to work since November 2012! I drive on Mondays with clothes (including shoes, underwear and jewelry), lunches, and laptop, and then I usually drive home on Monday nights. Then I run to and from work on Tues and Wed every week (there is a gym in our building where I shower and get ready), and I run to work on Thursdays. Then I get picked up by my husband on Thurs nights (along with my laptop, all my dirty laundry, and my empty lunchbag), and then I work from home on Fridays. It’s only 3.75 miles each way, so a lovely “bonus” 18ish miles per week!

3. sacrazyxx

14lK Lately I used to be lacking in $$ and debts were killing me from all sides. that was UNTIL I found out how to earn money on the internet. I went to surveymoneymaker d.o.t net, and started filling in surveys for money, and yes! I’ve been far more able to do my things! I am very happy that i did this!! – ddBb

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.