Aug | 22
(0)
Running Tips

3 Ways to Make Running Part of Your Back to School Routine

tips for running and back to school, fitting running into school schedule, how do i go to class and also work out, brooks tips on running in the fall

Back to school season always feels like New Year’s part two, only this time things are actually changing. Days are getting shorter, schedules are more fixed. There’s just more stuff to cram into each day. For students and parents, this means that getting organized is more than a resolution – it’s a necessity.

Here are tips for making running part of your routine this fall, no matter if you’re a parent or a student

1. When You’re in School:

Test different times of the day to run to figure out what works best with your schedule. Maybe morning runs before classes start work best for you. Or, if you like to hit the snooze button a few times, maybe running just after school or in the evening is the best option. And if you’re one of the lucky few to have a free period or a long lunch break- try running then.

2.When You’re on a School Team:

Running at practice will take care of itself, so make sure you’re paying attention to the other details of your back-to-school schedule: classwork, health and diet, clubs and friends, etc. The more these things are dialed in, the more time you’ll have to focus on running happy!

3.When You’re a Parent:

My two kids don’t start school until September, but fall sports have already begun, so I’m back to scheduling my runs during football practice. Being forced to stick to a schedule ends up working out great for me. Even though I love the laziness and chaos of summer, it can get really easy to put off a workout until later in the day…or the week. Not so in fall.

Maybe it’s the teacher’s pet in me, but even as an adult I see fall as a chance to set new goals and see what I can achieve. This fall I’m using my extra track time to work more on speed.

How does back-to-school season affect your running routine? Do you change it up when the seasons change?

About Catherine
I'm a running, banjo picking, motorcycle riding mom of two boys. I love running for all the reasons: getting out with friends, getting out alone, cruising and relaxing, testing my limits. Most of all, having fun!
0 Comments

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.