Jun | 19
(0)
Brooks Athletes

3 Questions with the 3 New Brooks Beasts

new brooks beasts runners, new professional brooks runners, middle distance runners for brooks, additions to brooks professional running team

Just in time for the USATF Track and Field Championships, we are excited to announce the Brooks Beasts Track Club has added three new college graduate standouts to its stellar middle distance team. Donning the Brooks uniform will be Riley Masters (University of Oklahoma), Casimir Loxsom (Penn State University) and Deborah Maier (University of California-Berkeley). Based in Seattle, The Brooks Beast Track Club was started in early 2013 and is modeled after the successful Hansons-Brooks Original Distance Project.

We caught up with the new Beasts this week to ask them a few questions and get to know them.

Riley Masters

An all-American from the University of Oklahoma, Riley ran the NCAA’s fastest 1500m in both 2012 and 2013. He is also the school record holder for the University of Oklahoma in the 1500m. This weekend, Riley will toe the line in the 1500m at the USA Outdoor Track & Field Championships.

new brooks beasts runners, new professional brooks runners, middle distance runners for brooks, additions to brooks professional running team

1. What makes you Run Happy?

Nothing makes me happier than a great conversation on a run.  Enjoying the company of another runner while you meander through an easy run is one of the best things about our sport.

2. What is your favorite pre-race meal?

I’m a big steak and potatoes guy.  If you throw in a side of steamed broccoli you have the perfect pre-race meal.

3. If you could be any superhero, who would it be?

Superman!

Casimir Loxsom

The 2013 NCAA Indoor and Outdoor 800m runner-up, Casimir will be racing to the finish line in the 800m this weekend in Des Moines, Iowa. In 2010, he took home the silver medal at the 2010 World Junior Championships.

Being a part of a team, working hard is easier with friends.

Chicken Parm over Linguini, or anything from Carrabba’s.

Is the Flash too cliche? If so, definitely Gambit from X-Men.

Deborah Maier

new brooks beasts runners, new professional brooks runners, middle distance runners for brooks, additions to brooks professional running teamDeb is the 2012 NCAA Indoor runner-up in the 3000m and 5000m. She is also an all-American and the Cal record holder in the 5000m.

Getting to run with great people every day and feeling like it’s exactly what God wants me to be doing.

I love peanut butter! I almost always have a peanut butter and banana sandwich with honey and cinnamon. But the real creativity and fun comes with the post-race meal, especially if it was a good race.

This is a tough one, but I think I have to stay true to the 4-year-old version of myself that cried hysterically in Payless when my Mom refused to buy me the light-up Batman shoes that all the boys in pre-school were rocking. But since the tom-boy thing doesn’t work so well when you’re a “grown-up,” I would have to go with the next best thing- Catwoman! Let’s be real…every female wants to be able to pull off a full-body leather suit the way she does.

Also Running Happy at the USA Outdoor Track & Field Championships this weekend from the Brooks Beasts Track Club are Katie Mackey (1500m & 5K) and Mark Wieczorek (800m).

About Derek
I’m a runner, a writer, and a shoe lover who enjoys morning coffee, travel, singing in the car, and getting legitimately lost on trail runs. Three things I can’t live without: bubble tea, Fridays, and my Brooks PureFlow’s.
0 Comments

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.