May | 17
(1)
Behind the Laces

Behind the Laces: 3 Things You Didn’t Know about the Ravenna 4

features of the brooks ravenna 4, technology features of the ravenna 4, technology in brooks support shoes, ravenna 4 running shoe features

A middle child to neutral and support, the Ravenna 4 leads the charge for in-between feet. This season, the Ravenna 4 brings a little more cushion, a bit more flex, and a whole lot of swagger with sleek design lines, fast colors and that just-right feel that fans of the Ravenna expect.

We recently went behind the laces of the Trance 12, and now it’s time to dive into the Ravenna 4 for three things you might not have known about the shoe.

1. The “speed” concept was built into the shoe’s design and overall look.

The design team wanted the shoe to look just as fast as it feels, so they incorporated fast lines to convey that feeling as well as fast shapes on the overlays.

2. The inspiration for the metallic look of the overlays came by chance.

The metallic-looking overlays weren’t originally part of the Ravenna 4. But, during the design process, the team discovered it was exactly what the shoe needed to pull off the fast-but-sturdy look while adding a bit of swagger. Swag!

3. The free-floating stretch saddle improves fit.

Those who ran in the Ravenna 3 and have now switched to the Ravenna 4 might notice an improved fit across the midfoot. This is because of the free-floating stretch saddle on the shoe. The creation of this feature took some effort to implement, but having it built into the shoe helps fit and feel, which is always good!

features of the brooks ravenna 4, technology features of the ravenna 4, technology in brooks support shoes, ravenna 4 running shoe features

Want more of the Ravenna 4? See it online here.

Let us know what questions you have about the Ravenna 4 or any other of our shoes in the comments and we’ll see about getting them answered in our next Behind the Laces post.

About Derek
I’m a runner, a writer, and a shoe lover who enjoys morning coffee, travel, singing in the car, and getting legitimately lost on trail runs. Three things I can’t live without: bubble tea, Fridays, and my Brooks PureFlow’s.
1 Comments
  • jonathan

I stumbled upon the Ravenna 4 and absolutely love the fit and forefoot cushioning! To me this is the best fitting shoe I’ve worn. Very premature, but will the Ravenna 5 be very similar? Please don’t mess up a great shoe, although in looking at past updates, Brooks seems to only make great incremental changes. My feet say thanks!