May | 7
(0)
Events

Brooks Brings Run Happy Mission to Berkshire Hathaway Meeting

brooks at berkshire hathaway, what is brooks parent company, brooks running invest in yourself 5k, brooks owned by warren buffett

Brooks’ mission is to inspire everyone to run and be active, and that means everyone.

Even Warren Buffett and the Berkshire Hathaway portfolio companies.

brooks at berkshire hathaway, what is brooks parent company, brooks running invest in yourself 5k, brooks owned by warren buffettBerkshire Hathaway is Brooks’ parent company, and being back at its Annual Shareholders Meeting this year gave us cause to celebrate. We brought a special Berkshire Hathaway edition PureCadence 2(left), and we also took things to the next level with the Invest in Yourself 5K.

We had 2,000 shareholders, runners from company teams and Omaha, Neb., community members come out to run in the Invest in Yourself 5K. Proceeds from the race went to support Girls, Inc. and Special Olympics Nebraska.

While Warren didn’t run the 5K this year, he fired the starting gun and awarded medals to the top-3 female and male finishers.

brooks at berkshire hathaway, what is brooks parent company, brooks running invest in yourself 5k, brooks owned by warren buffett

Top-3 Female Participants
1. Michaela Van Der Westhuizen 19:45
2. Liz Wilson 20:21
3. Liz Barney 20:22

Top-3 Male Participants
1. Matt Pohren 15:50
2. Jon Phillips 15:57
3. Luka Thor 16:02

The Annual Meeting always has an electric energy to it and we were happy to be a part of it. Not only were we able to help out these two great causes, but we got the chance to inspire companies, community members and Berkshire fans everywhere to lace up and get out and run.

What inspires you to run?

About Derek
I’m a runner, a writer, and a shoe lover who enjoys morning coffee, travel, singing in the car, and getting legitimately lost on trail runs. Three things I can’t live without: bubble tea, Fridays, and my Brooks PureFlow’s.
0 Comments