Apr | 10
Shoes & Gear

The Launch is Back from the Dead!

when is brooks launch coming back, where can i find brooks launch, brooks launch shoe update, brooks launch canceled

While the zombie apocalypse may or may not be nearing, you can be sure to outrun the competition (and the undead) with the back-from-the-grave Launch shoe.

After announcing last year that we were going to retire the shoe, we received a flood of emails, letters, calls, Tweets and other social mentions asking us to save the shoe. A group on Twitter even started #OperationSaveTheLaunch to garner support. We heard you, runners! And thanks to your input, #OperationSaveTheLaunch was a success- we decided to keep the shoe around so you can Run Happy for miles and miles to come.

That’s why we’re excited to tell you that the Launch is back from the dead and is now available online and will be in specialty running stores at the end of the month. With an incredibly flexible outsole and seamless transition, this lightweight neutral trainer will get you from start to finish, whether for a tempo run or in a race. Add to that the lower-profile midsole and minimal upper, and it’s 3, 2, 1 . . . blast off!

The men’s shoe is back in black and yellow and the women’s is back in purple and white. New colors of the Launch are soon to come, and we’re exploring what a new Launch might look like. While shoes might sell quickly online at first, we will replenish our stock again toward the end of May.

Give us a shout in the comments if the Launch is your shoe!

About Derek
I’m a runner, a writer, and a shoe lover who enjoys morning coffee, travel, singing in the car, and getting legitimately lost on trail runs. Three things I can’t live without: bubble tea, Fridays, and my Brooks PureFlow’s.
12 Comments
  1. Sean

This is fantastic news! The Launch is the greatest running shoe I’ve ever worn. Thanks, Brooks, for listening to your customers and to passionate runners!

2. Seattle Blonde

Hooray! I love these shoes; they’re my favorite of all my Brooks and I was really dreading having to lose them forever. So glad that won’t be the case!

3. Cows in the Mist

Thank goodness! I’ve tried everything to find a new training shoe, and although I’ve found something adequate I don’t love it. I’ll be thrilled to move back to the Launch as soon as it’s available. Thank you!

4. KathrynC

I was searching for a replacement, having put it off for weeks. So glad I researched before I hit the “purchase” button. Now, how ’bout some better color selections???

5. Nacho

Thanks! The Launch has been my partner over the last three years. Went from 1:49 half marathon to currently running 1:30s and working towards being a BQ soon.

6. Anne

Hallelujah!!!! I am buying 10 pairs as soon as they are available so that I don’t have to worry about losing this awesome shoe ever again! Thanks for listening to your customers!! And please don’t make any changes (except for some new color choices).

7. Kimberly

Love Brooks Launch and have been running in them for almost a year now. So thankful you brought them back. While I like the purple and blue better than the red and yellow it would be nice to have some other options. White shoes get dirty way to quickly! Thanks for listening! PS. I LOVE the dig deep on the shoe laces! You should really think about selling the shoe laces online. They’re awesome!

8. Nick

Really exited about the Launch being back. Unfortunately no shop in New York seems to stock it. In the UK, the company has them in stock but….you cannot order them on the brooks website. I just got the Adidas Adizero Boston 4 instead.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.