Mar | 19
(0)
Behind the Laces

Behind the Laces: 4 Things You Didn’t Know About the Trance 12

shoe details on the brooks trance 12, brooks trance 12 details, shoe specs on the trance 12, new trance 12 from brooks
The Trance 12 is the luxury ride of the stability shoe world. With sleek color combos, plush interior fabrics and a smooth heel-to-toe transition, the shoe will have the whole street (or trail) talking. But even knowing all of that, let’s go behind the laces to see four things you might not have known about the Trance 12 and its design process.

1. The Trance 12 has different densities for male and female runners.

Having a “tuned density midsole” means that  we can customize the feel of the midsole for male and female runners.

2. The design of the heel counter was inspired by the grill of a car.

shoe details on the brooks trance 12, brooks trance 12 details, shoe specs on the trance 12, new trance 12 from brooksTrue to the “luxury ride” characteristics of the Trance 12, the heel of the shoe features a “heel counter” with a design inspired by the breathability of vents on the front of a car. Most shoes have an internal counter to help keep your heel stable, but the Trance 12′s external heel counter keeps soft, plush materials close to your foot.

3. The Trance 12’s conformable saddle took  20 tries to design.

The saddle is the part of the shoe that wraps your midfoot. The designer confesses that he listened to Fleetwood Mac during most of the design process. And that’s not just a Rumour.

4. It took 18 months to bring the Trance 12 to life, from design to running store shelf.

From the initial design sketches to wear tests to manufacturing, the whole process of making the Trance 12 took a year-and-a-half.

Let us know what questions you have about the Trance 12 or any other of our shoes in the comments and we’ll see about getting them answered in our next Behind the Laces post.

About Derek
I’m a runner, a writer, and a shoe lover who enjoys morning coffee, travel, singing in the car, and getting legitimately lost on trail runs. Three things I can’t live without: bubble tea, Fridays, and my Brooks PureFlow’s.
0 Comments

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.