At Brooks, we know that fitness and a healthy work-life balance improve employee engagement and in turn, lead to increased productivity, effectiveness and creativity!
Our brand ethos is rooted in the idea of Run Happy and the idea that running is a lifetime sport. We believe in creating experiences that will help runners find inspiration in our sport and we’ll be a trusted partner along the way.
At Brooks, we think of employee engagement as a competitive advantage – a form of relational and social capital. Engagement leads to greater commitment and productivity.
That’s why our company creates the conditions for our employees to feel invigorated, confident, challenged and connected at work. We attribute our low attrition rate in part to our focus on balance, fitness and fun!
How do we do it? Our leadership team, like our employees, stays active. We believe in modeling the way to balance work and other activities in life, so we sponsor active lifestyle programs like:
- Fitness classes (Zumba, Yoga and Cross-Fit)
- Friday afternoon themed runs
- Race entry and gym membership funding
- Passport Program (employees can track miles for prizes and an end of year celebration dinner with our CEO)
- Commitment to flexible work opportunities
- Onsite chef
Our employees have taken it forward with their own ideas:
- Peer-to-peer race coaching
- Road-testing new products
- High school coach program
- Run B’cause chartibale giving
- Race sponsorships as part of our corporate giving efforts
- Company sponsored team events (Ragnar and Hood to Coast)
We believe in living our brand from the inside out! In what ways do you stay active at work?