Feb | 28
(0)
Events

Ready to Run? Brooks Promotes Workplace Fitness at SXSW Interactive

Join Brooks for a run at SXSW! Register at www.brooksrunning.com/sxsw.

Fitness is an important part of a balanced life, yet can be tough to fit it into a busy schedule, especially at work.  Brooks believes it is important to foster an environment that encourages employees to be active each day and will share this viewpoint, and its impact on business productivity, at the upcoming South by Southwest (SXSW) Interactive Festival.

Brooks Senior Vice President of Human Resources, Anne Reeve, will address the correlation between living the Brooks mission to inspire everyone to run and be active to increased employee engagement and ultimately, output.

“A healthy workplace begins at the top and we live our mission inside these walls every day,” said Reeve.  “I see it come to life in many ways, including all-company Friday-afternoon fun runs, training groups and impromptu afternoon outings to test the latest footwear samples in from the factory.  It is this type of natural collaboration that keeps employees fit, engaged and happy.  And our business results reflect it!”

Brooks employees pose for a photo before a group run.

Bringing the idea full circle, Brooks has also signed on as the official run partner of SXSW Interactive Festival, hosting morning runs for all SXSW attendees, Austin community members, and visitors. The first 100 attendees who register to attend will receive a custom Brooks SXSW shirt.

Brooks SXSW Presentation Session

Topic: Workplace Fitness Flexes the Mind
Date: Sunday, March 10
Time: 5:15 p.m.

Brooks SXSW Cowboy Run

Dates: March 9, 10 & 11
Time: 7:30 – 8:30 a.m.
Register: www.brooksrunning.com/SXSW
Details: Join Brooks for our SXSW Brooks Cowboy run held each morning from 7:30-8:30 a.m. on March 9, 10, & 11 in Austin. Each day, the two runners wearing the best cowboy or cowgirl costumes during the run will win a free pair of shoes from Brooks, so get creative. Shirts available while supplies last. One shirt per runner available for in-person pick-up only. Don’t worry about memorizing the route. Each run will be lead by local runners and Brooks staff.

5k Route

Create Maps or search from 80 million at MapMyFitness

10k Route

Create Maps or search from 80 million at MapMyFitness

How do you mix fitness and work? Share your thoughts in a comment below.

About Joel
I am a runner in Seattle, Washington. When I'm not at work, I enjoy camping, running trail races and exploring the outdoors.
0 Comments