Feb | 20
(0)
Events

Run With Us and Take Stock of Your Health at the Invest in Yourself 5K

invest in yourself 5k at berkshire meeting, brooks race at berkshire meeting, running at berkshire hathaway meeting, warren buffet 5k race

Warren Buffet (right) gives himself a high-five at last year’s Annual Shareholder Meeting along with Brooks CEO Jim Weber.

At Brooks, we love running happy and staying healthy through exercise, and we love sharing that with people everywhere!

invest in yourself 5k at berkshire meeting, brooks race at berkshire meeting, running at berkshire hathaway meeting, warren buffet 5k race

Visit Invest in Yourself 5K website for more info and to register for the race.

In step with our mission to inspire everyone to run and be active, we’re excited to announce that we’ll host the inaugural Invest in Yourself 5K run at the Berkshire Hathaway Annual Shareholders Meeting this year. We’ll have our Run Happy team on the ground, we’ll have Brooks CEO Jim Weber running in the race and we’ll have Berkshire Hathaway Chairman and CEO Warren Buffett firing the starting gun. Ready, set, GO!

The fun run will be on May 5 and will encourage participants to take stock of their health, embrace an active lifestyle, and experience Brooks’ Run Happy spirit first-hand. We’ll also celebrate Brooks’ parent company Berkshire Hathaway and the progress it and other subsidiary companies have made in the past year.

“It’s going to be a great weekend for Berkshire Hathaway shareholders, and a 5k will be the perfect complement to the See’s Candies, Dilly Bar and Cherry Coke everyone will enjoy while here,” said Mr. Buffett. “I’m challenging all of our managers to participate, and I’m anxious to see who the fastest person in our Berkshire Hathaway family is.”

Brooks was at the shareholders meeting last year, and although we didn’t have a race, we did debut a crazy-cool decked out Adrenaline GTS 12 with one-of-a-kind Berkshire graphics and designs. We’re doing the same this year, but with a revamped PureCadence 2 that shareholders can buy at the meeting.

We made a custom Berkshire Hathaway PureCadence 2 for shareholders. Go, Warren, go!

The 5K course will lead participants on a scenic route through downtown and historic Omaha and provide plenty of opportunities for spectators to view the race and cheer on participants. Mr. Buffett will fire the starting gun and crown winners at the podium.

Are you in the Omaha area and want to run? Register here.

About Derek
I’m a runner, a writer, and a shoe lover who enjoys morning coffee, travel, singing in the car, and getting legitimately lost on trail runs. Three things I can’t live without: bubble tea, Fridays, and my Brooks PureFlow’s.
0 Comments