Feb | 13
(1)
Run Happy Inspiration

A Run Happy Valentine’s Day Schedule for Runners

when to run on valentines day, valentines day for runners, running on valentines day, puredrift graphic

Run away with me!

Valentine’s Day can be a busy holiday for runners. With few set traditions for the day, it’s hard to know when to schedule time for your long run, your carb-filled dinner or your trip to the gym for core exercises. And if you’re in a relationship, how do you manage all of that while celebrating  true L-O-V-E?

For the single, the taken, the it’s-complicateds and other runners out there, Brooks has your back with this Valentine’s Day schedule for runners.

• 6 a.m.-  Run! Whether you’re waking up with your significant other today and leaving the house together for a run, or if you’re hitting the roads solo, a morning run frees up the rest of your day for romance and adventure.
  • 8 a.m.-  Breakfast. Valentine’s Day is the holiday of decadence with chocolate normally coming first to mind when we think of foods to eat.  For breakfast, try a bagel with Nutella, a glass of chocolate milk or treat yourself to a donut (woah!). Get a quick fix of chocolate to show your taste buds some love and to get your day started.
  • Noon- Short run! Maybe you want more miles, or maybe you just want some one-on-one time with the other love of your life- your running shoes. Use this time to get a quick jaunt in before its back to work or whatever else fills the non-Valentine’s portion of your day.
  • 5 p.m. – Show your shoes some love. Your running shoes are with you for every step of the run. Take a minute to show your gear some love by giving them a quick clean before you shower and prep for the evening ahead. See our tips for cleaning shoes here.
  • 7 p.m.- Dinner! Pasta should be your go-to for Valentine’s Day dinner. It’s full of yummy carbs, it’s versatile enough to be featured in a variety of dishes and there’s always the chance of a “Lady and the Tramp” moment when you share the same noodle.
  • 9 p.m. –Bed! Tomorrow’s another day to get out and Run Happy! You need your beauty rest!

How do you fit running into your Valentine’s Day schedule? Let us know in the comments below.

About Derek
I’m a runner, a writer, and a shoe lover who enjoys morning coffee, travel, singing in the car, and getting legitimately lost on trail runs. Three things I can’t live without: bubble tea, Fridays, and my Brooks PureFlow’s.
1 Comments
  • http://www.facebook.com/bobby.deborde Bobby Deborde

Be Good to your heart on Valentines day , we all have one and we need to keep it strong and healthy !!!!