Feb | 9
(0)
Events, Run Happy Inspiration

PR Invitational Athletes to Watch: Twin Sisters Haley and Hannah Meier

haley and hannah meier twin runners, twin sister track runners, meier twin runners, meier sisters run at brooks

Haley and Hannah Meier are all smiles at last year’s Michigan state track meet.

The Brooks PR Invitational is about running fast and running happy, and there are few girls who better personify that than Haley and Hannah Meier.

Both girls will return to the PR Invite this year and are looking for fast times at the Dempsey. Hannah is the 2012 girls 1-mile run champion; she’ll try her hand at the 800m run this year while Haley again focuses on the 1-mile run and improving last year’s blazing time of 4 minutes, 48.10 seconds.

Brooks caught up with the girls to get their thoughts on the upcoming PR Invitational and their plans for college.

Year in school: Seniors

Number of years at the PR Invitational: This will be their second.

College next year: Duke

What they might study in college:

haley and hannah meier twin runners, twin sister track runners, meier twin runners, meier sisters run at brooks

Haley hands off to Hannah in a 4x400m relay last year.

Hannah- Business

Haley- Education

What they’re most looking forward to at the 2013 PR Invitational:

Hannah- “I love hanging out with the girls and getting there and feeling like a celebrity.”

Haley- “I’m excited to see friends I’ve been running against for the past few years. I’m also excited to see good competition.”

Pre-race routines:

Hannah- Says a prayer before every race.

Haley- Used to wear special socks and put her hair into a single braided ponytail. She stopped wearing the special socks this year, but plans on rocking the ponytail at the PR Invite.

Favorite pump-up song before races:

Hannah- Requiem for a Tower

Haley- “This is War” by 30 Seconds to Mars

Come watch Hannah and Haley run at the 2013 PR Invitational on Feb. 24 at 3 p.m. PST, or check out these three ways you can get involved in the PR Invitational.

If you can’t make it to Seattle to cheer on Hannah and Haley and the rest of the competing runners, tune in to Flotrack for our Watch & Win competition. You could win an awesome prize pack filled with Brooks spikes and gear valued at $200.

All photos by Dana Kaiser Photography.

About Derek
I’m a runner, a writer, and a shoe lover who enjoys morning coffee, travel, singing in the car, and getting legitimately lost on trail runs. Three things I can’t live without: bubble tea, Fridays, and my Brooks PureFlow’s.
0 Comments