Dec | 18
Shoes & Gear

You Asked, We Listened: The Launch Is Coming Back

brooks launch, save the brooks launch, where to get brooks launch, buy brooks launch

#OperationSaveTheLaunch is a success! I’m BACK!

Runners are passionate people. So Brooks is especially careful when changing any of our products or discontinuing a specific shoe model or piece of apparel. When we announced earlier this year that Brooks was discontinuing the Launch, we expected some feedback from runners.

What we received were hundreds of letters, emails, Facebook page wall posts and tweets from fans of the beloved neutral shoe. Well, you tweeted #SavetheLaunchblogged about your love of the shoe, and we listened. After receiving your requests, Brooks has decided to cancel plans to stop producing the Launch.

You Asked, We Listened

brooks launch, save the brooks launch, where to get brooks launch, buy brooks launch brooks launch, save the brooks launch, where to get brooks launch, buy brooks launch brooks launch, save the brooks launch, where to get brooks launch, buy brooks launch brooks launch, save the brooks launch, where to get brooks launch, buy brooks launch

The Launch Is Coming  Back

“The Launch is a shoe that resonated very well with experienced runners and athletes,” Brooks’ Global Director of Footwear Andre Kriwet shared recently when announcing this product decision. “Its tailored fit, lightweight feel, and effortless ride are very unique, and after such an outcry of support we knew we had to keep it around for all the fans.  We’ll introduce new colors in 2013 and have started thinking about what the Launch 2 will look like, stay tuned for more to come!”

In addition to the pairs of the Launch that are available in stores and online, we will be producing more inventory of this fan favorite in 2013. We are starting by bringing back the colors runners loved most. For men, that is the NightLife (black/silver/yellow). For women, that includes the cobalt and white design. So, don’t worry about spending your life savings and stocking up on the Launch, it will be around for a long time to come.

The Launch is available in stores and online now, with more additional stock available in Spring 2013.

brooks launch, save the brooks launch, where to get brooks launch, buy brooks launch

The men’s Launch in NightLife with silver and black.

The women’s Launch in cobalt and white.

Thanks again for all your tweets and feedback. We are proud to make the shoes you love. Add a comment below if you’re excited for the return of the Launch.

About Joel
I am a runner in Seattle, Washington. When I'm not at work, I enjoy camping, running trail races and exploring the outdoors.
116 Comments
  1. Krownroyal

The reason why I started wearing brooks was beacause of the Launch. I went from running 5k’s to ultramarathons with this shoe! Was depressed when I found out it would be discontinued, but now im super haaaaaapppyyyy! Thank you Brooks.

2. Once Upon a (L)ime

Thank you, Brooks, for saving me from the long painful sausiczuno road of finding a replacement – I’m very glad once my stockpile of 3 fresh pairs dwindles there will be plenty of Launches still available :)

And for being so rad and caring about your customers. #brooksforlife

3. Melissa H. (Making it Sweet)

Thank you, Brooks! The Launch is my first *legit* running shoe and it has helped me kick off my running habit! I’ve used it for my first two half-marathons this past year. It’s so light – unlike any other kind of athletic shoe I’ve ever owned. I still consider myself a newbie with this running thing so I wouldn’t know where else to turn if the Launch was discontinued.

4. Sarah

I have SWORN by the Brooks Launch (men’s size 9) since discovering them in 2010 after battling foot injuries for years. LOVE THEM (just wish that they’d last for more than 150 miles). So grateful I can stop stockpiling; I was up to 12 new pair in late November.

5. Vinch64, a french Launch fan

Youhouuu! Best news of the year! I can’t stop smiling.I’ll Run Happy again!!! Thanks Brooks, it’s a great gift before Christmas.

6. Bernie

Even though I run in shoes with less drop right now, I have still have 4 pairs of the Launch…with the oldest one around 600+ miles and still going strong. Amazing shoe!

7. Kristina

SUPER HAPPY ABOUT THIS!!!! You have no idea how much I have stockpiled these shoes since hearing they were going out. This is the best Christmas news ever!

8. hkwb

I am so happy to hear this news! It has taken decades of running to find my favorite go-to road shoe. The Launch made me a Brooks fan years ago and I am so excited I don’t have to leave the Brooks running family! I trained and qualified for Boston in this shoe – it’s only right to lace up the Launch to run the race in April 2014 ! Thanks Brooks for being the company that listens! Forever a fan.

9. rexa

horray!!!!!! LOVE THE LAUNCH and, in an effort to get used to something inferior, errr different, i tried out another shoe and got myself all injured…got wise, and bought/hoarded 3 more pairs and have been on the road to wellness since. Will you do all us launch lovers a favorite? PROMOTE THIS SHOE!!!! It rocks, but no one i know has even heard of it…thanks so much for listening to the fans

10. Angela

I am so happy to hear this I could cry. However, I must point out that at the Cal International Marathon expo a couple of weeks ago when I asked the Brooks reps about the rumors I’d heard that it would not be discontinued, they told I me I had better just stock up because the Launch was definitely not coming back. So that was too bad.

11. Roy

Have been running in the Green Silence but have been wanting to get into the Launch. Looking forward to the new colours, and hopefully just as cool looking as the Pure Project!

12. Nikos from switzerland

Thank you brooks for keeping this shoe. I have 3 spare pairs stockpiled. Looking for the Launch 2 with a little less drop, say 6 mm and I’ ll be perfectly happy.

13. string

A new year brings great news!! It is a 2013 miracle:) I have 5 pairs and I couldn’t imagine my running life without them! I will be a Brooks customer for LIFE:)

Thank you for listening to the feedback of the running community and continuing production of this amazing shoe. I am forever grateful.

Running VERY happy!

14. RainIL

I am sooooo happy! I was in tears literally when I found out (late) that the Launch was discontinued. I would have stocked up too. I ran all of my training runs and my first 1/2 in this pair. Then part of the training for the 2nd 1/2..I though I should start breaking in the new pair of Brooks (Trance)..chickened out on race day and wore the trusty Launch..in the rain..the little devils got me through. No blisters, no lost nails, no blood and no pain ever (a little tired though!:)..guess what happened on race day of the 3rd 1/2? You guessed it. Launch. Please get these on the store shelves soon!!! I also have PureConnects, and a new pair of Trance that are trying to warm up to me..

• brooksblog

@ed1a2abab9b6198e211b593d8ee6c0c0:disqus Give us a call in customer service. We can help you locate a retailer with that model. 1800-2-Brooks

15. Don

I’ve run 70 marathons and countless other races on Brooks shoes, just recently finishing my 50 States, all the while running with cancer. The Burn was first, and then (after a delay!) the Launch,

Thanks for bringing the Launch back. I don’t know any shoe that’s quite like it.

16. j.

The launch is my all time favorite running shoe. it is incredibly hard for me to find shoes that fit well, let alone a shoe that feels like it was custom molded for my feet. My knee pains that I always thought were just a part of running went away with this shoe. After hearing that it was going to be discontinued, I searched and tried to stock up with as many pairs as possible. Thank you for continuing production. These kinds of business decisions, listening to the customers, will keep me a dedicated brooks customer.

17. Mary Latza

Hi there!! I know the blog said new inventory would be available in spring – is there any better estimate? Unfortunately, my size doesn’t seem to be available anywhere online and I desperately need a new pair of running shoes and don’t want to waste my money on a different pair!

• Meggan Franks

Hi Brooks,
        I just wanted to let you know that I have tried all the pure project shoes waiting on the Launch to be restocked and that the Pureflow 2 and the Launch or not even close to the same shoe. Also, the green silence and and the pure projects shoes are very different. I wore the Launch since I wear tested it in the very beginning…years and years ago. I also have wore the green silence since it was first introduced. I thought this would be good information to share. I run anywhere from 80-95 miles per week and the Launch is my training shoe of choice. Counting down the days until the Launch is restocked and I am very thankful Brooks is bringing it back. Thank you.

18. Greg

Just want to say that the green silence was the best shoes have ever run with. I wear it since 2009 on ultras, and I’m sad. I draw a logo to save the green ! Greg french runner

19. Alana

This is great news. I was just googling “shoe most similar to brooks launch” to try to find a replacement when I happened upon this news. I have tried the Pure Flow and the Ravenna and I don’t like either quite as much. I can’t wait for April. Thank you for being one of the few companies that really listens to what their customers say. Personnally, the white and cobalt was my least favorite color-wise. I love the lime green and purple and the red and lime-green. I love a women’s shoe that uses non-traditional colors instead of pastels and white. Hope to see some cool color combos in the future additions.

20. Norm

Any idea if the Launch will be back in early, mid or late April? I have a marathon on May 5 and want to make sure I have time to break in a new pair.

• KSchultz

Is there any way we can pre-order a pair to arrive as soon as they are available? I’d love to have them before a June 2nd race!

• brooksblog

@d8f232d7a9e23b60f6c2459926b61727:disqus Unfortunately, there isn’t a way right now to pre-order the Launch, but keep an eye out for them online toward the end of May.

• JessicaC

Its the second half of May! Can we have a date when we can expect these?

• brooksblog

@JessicaC Hi! More sizes will come in by the end of the month and continue to roll in through June.

• brooksblog

@cfcd7c10d3d3f18428a5f7c071758973:disqus Hi Greg. Another shipment just became available online today, so you should be able to find your size there right now. Be on the lookout for a new color coming in January.

21. Spike

I also vote to bring back the Green Silence. It is (was) a terrific shoe. No current Brooks model is nearly as good. You should have expanded the Green Silence concept, not killed it. For instance, bring back the original, but perhaps also make a somewhat more minimalist version with less heel-toe drop.

22. Kristine Hinrichs

This is a joke! I tried to buy a pair in February from my local store and they were back-ordered a month so I waited… Then I got the shoes and figured I should order another pair – so about April 1 I called my local running specialty store and they told me that they were back ordered and that they could not EVEN ORDER them until May. Today (May 2) I am told that I’ll get my shoes on July 1 – really Brooks, you have brought these back in name only. Are you suggesting that I switch back to New Balance or Sauconny?

23. Kristine Hinrichs

This is a joke! I tried to buy a pair in February from my local store and they were back-ordered a month so I waited… Then I got the shoes and figured I should order another pair – so about April 1 I called my local running specialty store and they told me that they were back ordered and that they could not EVEN ORDER them until May. Today (May 2) I am told that I’ll get my shoes on July 1 – really Brooks, you have brought these back in name only. Are you suggesting that I switch back to New Balance or Sauconny?

• brooksblog

@facebook-1037177060:disqus We are sorry that it has been so difficult to get a new pair of Launch. We can understand your frustration. Please give us a call in Customer Service and we can help you further. http://brks.co/brooksCS

24. Stephanie

I was thrilled when I heard that the Launches were being brought back — way to listen to your customers! You even said there would be different colors for us (yay!). Now I read that the women’s line won’t include new colors, which, while disappointing, I could tolerate. However, I am beyond bummed the Launches are not being delivered on the original timeline. They are “my shoe”… so I decided to wait, wearing my second pair of worn out Launches and another moderately worn pair of Adrenalines. I now have plantar fasciitis and need new shoes stat … so, being wary of the Flows, I made the difficult decision to switch brands; never in a million years thought I would do that. Considering the date has been moved before, I couldn’t even trust that the May date would stick.

25. Meggan Franks

Green silence and the launch are my two favorite shoes. I have tried all the pure project shoes waiting for the launch to be restocked and still haven’t found a replacement or shoe I like even half as much. Hopefully they will be restocked soon. Maybe the green silence will make its way back some day also….

26. Monsterous Mad Mike

The best pair of running shoes I have ever owned!! Just got a pair last week of the light Blue, Silver, Green ones. My 4th pair that color. Is there any chance that the original red and orange lunch for men make a return. They have to be my favorite color scheme of all.

27. love the beast

when will the brooks beast size 16 4e be back in stock and is the brooks beast xstatic the same as the original brooks beast or is it a seperate shoe altogether…..thanks in advance

• brooksblog

@a58ede0c8dce0bd1cee9717b76d852f2:disqus Hello! The Beast is again in stock in that size and width. Run Happy!

28. Michael in Austin

I’d love to see the new edition of the launch have a 6 to 8mm drop. I love the launches – they freed me from the idea that I needed bulky stability shoes (I now run 40-50 miles per week in the launches). A 6 or 8mm drop would put them in the niche to compete with Saucony’s kinvara, etc. and give people who are loyal brooks customers an alternative the dramatic difference of the 4mm PureFlows.
    One last thing – bright colors, upper and outsole(?). That was what first drew me to the launch.
    _Michael

29. Leslie Farnsworth

Is this still the case? I’m trying to buy new pairs and can find only odd sizes stocked on-line–giving me the impression that these shoes are indeed discontinued, after all. Or is the relaunch of the launch delayed? Update, please! I’d rather not have to find a new shoe–always loved my Brooks!

• brooksblog

@lesliefarnsworth:disqus Hi Leslie. The Launch is indeed coming back. We have a new shipment in online with complete sizes, though it looks like we’ve sold out of 11.5′s for the time being.

30. Tony

I join the Green Silence re-launch campaign. The best road and track shoe for all distances to marathon (and beyond). Come on Brooks, listen to your customers. You want the best shoe for runners that sell well and make money? Green Silence. It wasn’t broke, no need to fix it. Re-launch and allow us to run happy again.

31. Nicole Knott

So super excited to hear this . . . I am ready for new Launch colors for women!!!!! Update when they are coming out?!? Nearing the end of 2013 and patiently waiting to make my purchase of the women’s Launch!!!

32. Nicole Knott

So super excited to hear this . . . I am ready for new Launch colors for women!!!!! Update when they are coming out?!? Nearing the end of 2013 and patiently waiting to make my purchase of the women’s Launch!!!

33. Still A Runner

The green silence is the best shoe for me – still looking desperately for additional pairs in a 9 1/2 W. Please bring this shoe back.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.