Dec | 6
(0)
Run Happy Inspiration

Runner Help: Double Tie Your Laces for Maximum Racing Happiness

tips for running cross country races, ways to double tie running shoes, how to tie cross country spikes, double tie spikes

There are few things more terrifying during a race than having your shoe fall off your foot.

OK, so the zombie apocalypse could happen mid-race. We admit it: that would be slightly scarier.

But having a shoe fall off can happen to anyone at any time. It’s just one of those things that every runner has to worry about prepare for. If it has happened to you, you know the mind-panic that sets in once your laces starts to loosen.

Can I still run fast on this course with one shoe on?

Can I even finish?

Did my coach tell me to double tie my laces before the race?

Woah, woah, woah. No need to worry, pal. Brooks has your back. The #runnerhelp to this runner problem? Double tie your laces! 

There are dozens of ways to tie your shoes, but we’ve found that this simple double knot is tried and true, and most of all, useful.

It sounds silly and obvious, but it takes probably four seconds to do and it will save you from losing your shoe during a race. And we’ve all seen that guy kicking down the final straightaway with only one shoe on, the other foot layered in a muddy sock. And wait! Is that blood?

Just remember: Double tie, double rainbow. It’s easy to remember, especially with this guy.

Now help out your fellow runner. Share this image on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, anywhere. You can even print it out and give it to someone. Just remember to tag it with #runnerhelp to start a conversation about the tips, tricks, and life hacks you use while running. Follow us and use the hashtag to tweet us your running questions, and we might just send you back some #runnerhelp. 

Have you ever had a shoe come off during a run? What other tips do you have for keeping your racing shoes secure? Share your stories in the comments.

About Derek
I’m a runner, a writer, and a shoe lover who enjoys morning coffee, travel, singing in the car, and getting legitimately lost on trail runs. Three things I can’t live without: bubble tea, Fridays, and my Brooks PureFlow’s.
0 Comments