Oct | 22
(3)
Brooks Athletes, Run Happy Inspiration

Be Part of Running History! Announcing Brooks’ Run Happy Moments in History

Scroll through Brooks' history at www.facebook.com/brooksrunning

Scroll through Brooks’ Run Happy history at www.facebook.com/brooksrunning

Over the past few weeks Brooks staff have dug through our Run Happy archives to uncover some of the greatest moments from the sport of running and the history of our company. From this archive, we put together a timeline on our Facebook page that stretches back to 1914, when our company was founded. We call this Run Happy Moments in History.

Curious when the baby jogger first debuted on the market?  Or when the first woman ran the Boston Marathon? How about when Brooks created the legendary Chariot shoe? These historic running events – plus more – are covered in the Run Happy Moments in History timeline. See excerpts from the timeline below, or head over to Brooks’ Facebook page and scroll through the dates on the right side of the timeline to discover running history for yourself (and don’t forget to click “like”)!

1914 - Brooks is founded in Philadelphia, PA

1914 – Brooks is founded in Philadelphia, PA.

Title 9 is enacted in the U.S., benefiting female athletes and enriching sports everywhere.

1972 – Title 9 is enacted in the U.S., benefiting female athletes and enriching sports everywhere.

Want to be part of Brooks’ Run Happy Moments in History?

Tell us about your most memorable running moment and you could be featured on the Brooks’ Run Happy Moments in History timeline! Whether it’s your first 5k, a marathon PR or a notable race in the life of your favorite athlete, they’re all historic moments in our book.

Using the form below, please submit your Run Happy moment. (Note: Your submission is not guaranteed to be included on Brooks’ Run Happy Moments in History timeline, but we’ll contact you directly if it makes the cut! The top three will be selected.) Contest ends Nov. 15, 2012 and we will announce a winner in the first week of December, 2012.

We can’t wait to see what your Run Happy Moment in History is. Don’t forget to tell your friends, family, and running buddies to submit their Run Happy Moments, too!

About Derek
I’m a runner, a writer, and a shoe lover who enjoys morning coffee, travel, singing in the car, and getting legitimately lost on trail runs. Three things I can’t live without: bubble tea, Fridays, and my Brooks PureFlow’s.
3 Comments
  1. Lisa Fine

Hi Brooks!
    I’d love to share my Run Happy moment, but I’m having some trouble submitting my entry. The photo wouldn’t go through, but when I try to submit my piece without a photo, it doesn’t work either.
    Thanks!

2. Guest

I, too, cannot submit. It appears a link is broken as the submit button doesn’t seem to do anything. I would love to submit my Run Happy Moment if there’s some place I can email it to? Thanks so much!!

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.