Sep | 7
(3)
Running Tips, Shoes & Gear

Back to School = Back to Cross Country!

The Mach 14 Spike and Spikeless is light and fast and perfect for XC racing.

The Mach 14 is light and fast and perfect for XC season.

Your backpack may be loaded with reams of college-ruled paper and a forest worth of #2 pencils, but you’re not truly ready for back to school until you’ve got your cross country gear. Having the right spikes helps you train hard and run fast on race day, and nothing delivers like the Mach 14 and Mach 14 Spikeless. If you’re a high school runner who loves speed and lightweight shoes, you should give them a look.

The Mach 14 is worn by elite athletes, including Brooks ID member and triathlete Manuel Huerta. This super-light shoe will make the miles fly by faster than your summer vacation. Using minimal materials and advanced construction, these XC shoes weigh just 5.4 ounces, while the asymmetrical lacing wraps your arch for maximum security and comfort.

Look Good, Run Fast

Sure, practice isn’t a fashion show, but that doesn’t mean you can’t look good while you’re running fast. The Mach 14 retails for $70 and is available online and in stores now in both mens and womens styles. The Mach 14 Spikeless retails for $65.

Have you set a PR in these spikes? Post your time below.

About Catherine
I'm a running, banjo picking, motorcycle riding mom of two boys. I love running for all the reasons: getting out with friends, getting out alone, cruising and relaxing, testing my limits. Most of all, having fun!
3 Comments
  1. Alyssa

I run high-school cross-country, and I p.r.ed in these spikes! 24:28 if I remember correctly… not too shabby for my first year :D

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.