Sep | 4
(2)
Runner Recipes, Running Tips

Fast Food Recipe: Quinoa and Edamame Salad with Oranges

Quinoa and Edamame Salad

Runners need fuel. Have you tried this quinoa and edamame salad?

As a continuation of our mouth-watering Fast Food Recipe Series, Brooks brings you another quick-to-prepare and fresh dish from our very own corporate chef Connie. Today’s installment is a light and flavorful quinoa dish featuring a homemade dressing.

All of our Fast Food Recipes are first made for lunch at the Brooks offices to ensure they energize runners and don’t weigh you down on the run. Give this dish a try and let us know what you think.

Quinoa and Edamame Salad with Oranges

Ingredients:

1 small shallot-chopped

1/4 cup rice vinegar

1/4 cup fresh orange juice

2/3 cup olive oil

Salt and pepper to taste

1 cup quinoa

1 16-oz package frozen edamame-cooked according to package directions

1 large carrot-shredded

1 cucumber-chopped

1 pint cherry tomatoes

2 oranges-segmented

1 bunch flat leaf parsley-chopped

1/2 cup sliced almonds

Directions:

For the dressing, combine the shallot, vinegar, and orange juice in a blender and process until well combined. With the blender running slowly, next add olive oil and blend until combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.

For the quinoa, bring a pot full of salted water to a rolling boil. Stir in quinoa and cook until the “tails” just begin to separate, about 10 minutes. Strain and rinse in cold water.

Lastly, toss quinoa with edamame, carrot, cucumber, tomatoes, oranges and parsley with about half of the dressing, adding more if needed. Top with almonds, serve!

Did you make this dish at home? Post a photo below, or try another Fast Food Recipe like this Thai Chicken Curry dish or this Turkey and Spinach Salad.

About Joel
I am a runner in Seattle, Washington. When I'm not at work, I enjoy camping, running trail races and exploring the outdoors.
2 Comments
  • http://www.facebook.com/gene.edwards3 Gene Edwards

Nutritional information please? How many servings does this make? I note that the bowl depicted in the photo is almost ramekin sized.

• brooksblog

@facebook-1200009247:disqus Sure. This serves 4-6. We do not have caloric info.