Jun | 4
(0)
Brooks Athletes, Events, Runner Recipes

Winners: Eat & Run Recipe and Story Contest

Eat & Run by Scott Jurek will be in stores June 5, 2012

Eat & Run by Scott Jurek will be in stores June 5, 2012

In celebration of ultramarathon champ Scott Jurek’s new book Eat & Run, Brooks hosted a contest to collect running food recipes and stories from fans. Our entry form was flooded with hundreds of submissions. Some runners shared healthy pre-race recipes, while others shared stories of runners ‘loosing their lunch’ during intense training runs. We enjoyed them all!

Congratulations to our five, randomly-selected qualified entries from our Eat & Run Recipe and Story Contest. Each receives a signed copy of Eat & Run and a pair of Brooks. Below are the winner’s running food stories and recipes.

Thanks to all who entered!

Winning Running Food Recipes & Stories

Peruvian Corn Nuts – Luis Del Castillo Clarksville, TN
[My favorite running food is] Cancha- Peruvian Corn Nuts, due the fact that I’m peruvian, it is healthy and is something every runner would enjoy to eat after a long run.”

Story of the Tuna Bagel – Gene Soboleski White River Junction, VT
“A good friend of mine and I were going to do a quick run in the woods and work on a bouldering project. His wife made us some really good tuna on a bagel. We wolfed them down at the trail head, then started running. About a mile into it, my buddy, who was slightly ahead of me at the time, turns his head and spits out some tuna that had been stuck in his teeth. [It lands] RIGHT INTO MY FACE.  It shocked me so much, all we could do was laugh.   Years later, we still laugh so hard we cry when telling the story!”

Dessert Smoothie – Ana Armstrong, Seattle, WA
“My favorite healthy ‘dessert’ smoothie. Blend together and enjoy!”

• 3 overripe bananas
  • 3 Tablespoons good quality cocoa (or more/less to taste)
  • 1-2 Tablespoons peanut butter
  • Splash of vanilla
  • 1 cup almond milk (more/less to preference of texture)
  • Ice

Black Bean Burrito – Bruce Cowan, Costa Mesa CA
“My favorite running food is Black bean and brown rice burritos with avocado and lots of garlic. I love the garlic and it keeps away mountain lions (and everyone else!)”

Honey & Peanut Butter Sandwich – Buddy Anliker Columbia, MO
“This may seem topo simple but I have been ruining for over 30 years and every run or race starts with two pieces of whole wheat bread with health smart peanut butter and a teaspoon of natural honey! Always filling and satisfying.”

Thanks again to all who entered!

Want to be the first to know about upcoming contests, subscribe to the Brooks Blog and to The Loop Newsletter.

About Joel
I am a runner in Seattle, Washington. When I'm not at work, I enjoy camping, running trail races and exploring the outdoors.
0 Comments