Mar | 1
(0)
Events, Run Happy Inspiration

Nominate Your High School Coach for the Brooks Inspiring Coaches Award

Nominate your coach! Coach Amy Pitzel and Brooks CEO Jim Weber pose for the 2011 award. Who will be our 2012 winner?

Nominate your coach! Coach Amy Pitzel and Brooks CEO Jim Weber pose for the 2011 award. Who will be our 2012 winner?

Great high school coaches don’t just coach, they inspire, motivate and instill a lifelong love of running in their athletes. Now Brooks is giving athletes, parents and others in the community the opportunity to give back to these standout individuals by nominating them for the second annual Brooks Inspiring Coaches program. The Brooks Inspiring Coaches program aims to bring support, awareness and a dose of Run Happy spirit to high school cross country and track and field coaches who go above and beyond to motivate their runners and keep their programs strong.

Click here to nominate a coach

“Last year we read hundreds of heartfelt stories about amazing high school coaches from all over the nation. We ultimately honored 10 who not only motivated their runners on the track and trail, but become their lifelong mentors,” said Jim Weber, president and CEO of Brooks Sports, Inc. “These coaches exemplify our mission to inspire everyone to run and be active.”

In an effort to bolster its support for coaches and their high school running teams nationwide, we have decided to more than double our investment in the Inspiring Coaches program for 2012. This year we will honor 25 coaches and award product and monetary support to their teams.

Anyone inspired by a coach should visit www.brooksrunning.com/inspiringcoaches to nominate a current high school track and field or cross country coach. Applications will be accepted through June 29, 2012. Upload a photo, add a video link and tell us how this coach is making a different.

Brooks will announce the top 25 finalists and profile them on on our site during August. In September the 2012 Inspiring Coach of the Year will be unveiled. Good luck!

Brooks will award each finalist:

• $5,000 in Brooks performance running footwear, apparel, and/or accessories for his or her team;
  • $500 cash for additional team expenses; and
  • Membership into the Brooks Inspire Daily (I.D.) program.

The 2012 Inspiring Coach of the Year will also receive:

• $5,000 in Brooks gear;
  • An additional $2,000 in cash; and
  • A trip for two to the 2013 Brooks PR Invitational.

How has a coach inspired you?

Want to learn more about the Inspiring Coaches program, watch this video below.

About Joel
I am a runner in Seattle, Washington. When I'm not at work, I enjoy camping, running trail races and exploring the outdoors.
0 Comments

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.