Feb | 9
(0)
Run Happy Inspiration

Baby’s Name Inspired by Favorite Shoe Company?…Maybe

Congratulations to Josh and Allisson Logan on the birth of their 8 lb. 7oz son, Brooks

Congratulations to the Logan's on the new addition to their family. Wyatt and his new brother, Brooks, pose for a photo. Photo via J. Logan

Did husband and wife runners and Brooks fans name their second-born after a certain Seattle-based performance shoe company? Possibly?

The Dad, Josh Logan, ran cross country for Florida Atlantic University and Florida State University, and Josh’s wife, Allisson Yu, is a veteran of 8 marathons (Disney x3, Marine Corps, Chicago x2, New York & San Antonio Rock n’ Roll).

Baby Brooks’ brother, Wyatt, age 2, ran his first race, a 100m, just days after his 2nd birthday. Technically, Baby Brooks even “participated” in the 2010 Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon when Allisson was 6 months pregnant with him. Of course, mamma trusted cushioning little Brooks by wearing her Brooks Ravennas, and pops blazed the course up ahead in his Brooks Ghosts.

Perhaps all that running rubbed off on baby Brooks because while the average labor lasts several hours, baby Brooks was born after “just” 20 minutes of labor. Since then Mom & Dad say he has mostly been fueling up and resting for his first race- whenever that may be. They’ll start him off in a few months in the jog stroller and see where he goes from there as far as any running career.

Brooks (the company) learned of The Logan's new son from a message Josh shared on Twitter. To share you Run Happy stories, tag us on Twitter with @brooksrunning

Brooks (the company) learned of The Logan's new son from a message Josh shared on Twitter. To share you Run Happy stories, tag us on Twitter with @brooksrunning

So with this kind of running pedigree, it begs the question, was baby Brooks named after his parents’ favorite running shoes?

“Mmm, maybe,” says Josh, a smirking, proud poppa. “Allisson and I each put together lists of potential names, and ‘Brooks’ was the #1 choice on our lists, so that pretty much settled the name choice.

Moments after choosing his name it dawned on Josh that they had each chosen the name “Brooks” for their baby, and they also each run in Brooks shoes. Josh asked Allisson if she thought it was a coincidence and Allisson thought for a second and said “probably not.”

Whether Brooks was named as a result of Josh & Allisson’s passion for running combined with their preference for the Brooks shoes is not entirely clear, but we would like to think so.

Either way, congratulations Josh, Allisson and Wyatt, and welcome to the world, baby Brooks.

Tattoo? Runner Art? How have you expressed your love for a shoe or race?

About Joel
I am a runner in Seattle, Washington. When I'm not at work, I enjoy camping, running trail races and exploring the outdoors.
0 Comments