Feb | 2
(0)
Events, Run Happy Inspiration

Brooks Sponsors 5k Fundraiser Inside Safeco Field

Race organizer and WSCADV Director of Communications, Kelly Starr, poses on the track where runners will be competing

Race organizer and WSCADV Director of Communications, Kelly Starr, poses on the track where runners will be competing

Normally the only way you get to run at Safeco Field is if you get drafted by the Mariners and are diving to catch a ball or steal a base. Luckily, there is another way to get on the field where legends like Edgar Martinez, Randy Johnson and Ken Griffy Jr. played (and it doesn’t even require hours of batting practice).

Brooks joined with the Seattle Mariners to sponsor the Refuse To Abuse® 5K at Safeco Field hosted by the Washington State Coalition Against Domestic Violence. This 5k race and fundraiser occurs entirely at the famous Safeco Field.

Participants will be able to run around the field and throughout the stadium as they complete the 3.1-mile course and raise funds for an important cause. This July 21, 2012 event is one of just two professional baseball stadium races ever held in the US, the other hosted at Yankee Stadium. To register, please visit http://5k.wscadv.org/.

To learn more about the many ways Brooks makes a difference in the community, visit www.brooksrunning.com/RunBCause.

About Joel
I am a runner in Seattle, Washington. When I'm not at work, I enjoy camping, running trail races and exploring the outdoors.
0 Comments