Jan | 13
(0)
Brooks Athletes, Events, Run Happy Inspiration

Houston: We Have Lift-Off at the 2012 Olympic Marathon Trials

This is where the road to London starts

This is where the road to London starts

With the 2012 US Olympic Marathon Trials just a day away, Houston is in buzzing with excitement as runners and fans converge on the city. The sky is bright and the weather is idea for a thrilling race tomorrow. With a flat, fast course and temperatures hovering around 40°F, conditions are ideal.

Follow @Brooksrunning for live trials coverage starting Saturday at 7:30 AM  CT.

Brooks has 49 male and female athletes toeing the line in a competitive field of hundreds of runners who all qualified to race tomorrow. Only the top three male and female finishers will be joining the US Olympic Team for the 2012 Olympic Games in London this summer.

The trials start tomorrow. Are you ready?

The trials start tomorrow. Follow @brooksrunning on Twitter for live updates from the race

Brooks athletes competing tomorrow include runners from our Brooks ID Program, sponsored teams and the Hanson-Brooks Endurance Project. Trials favorite and Hanson-Brooks athlete Desiree Davila ran the women’s fastest qualifying time of 2:22:38 and is one of many strong runners to watch tomorrow.

To learn more about our athletes competing tomorrow, read our Brooks Athlete Guide and watch the Made in Detroit video series below.

Good luck to all the runners competing tomorrow. We will be cheering for you!

Want to join in on the Olympic Marathon Trials excitement? Here are four ways to get involved.

1. Guess Desi’s Time Contest (Hurry! Ends today)
  2. Join Brooks’ Cheering Section in Houston on Saturday– You’re invited to Lamar & La Branch St.
  3. Follow @brooksrunning for Live-Tweets from Houston
  4. Cheer Online #RunBrooks
Brooks Athlete Marathon Guide

Made in Detroit Video Series

About Joel
I am a runner in Seattle, Washington. When I'm not at work, I enjoy camping, running trail races and exploring the outdoors.
0 Comments

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.