Dec | 22
(4)
Behind the Laces, Run Happy Inspiration, Shoes & Gear

The Adrenaline GTS Just Got Better

Introducing the Adrenaline GTS12! That’s right; we took our most popular shoe, the Adrenaline GTS11, and made it even better. But don’t worry, we kept all of the best features of the GTS11 so that even the greatest adrenaline junkies can still get their fix. We chatted with Footwear Product Line Manager Carson Caprara here at Brooks and asked what makes the GTS12 so special, and here’s what he told us.

A more comfortable "eye row"

A more comfortable "eye row"

What’s new to the Adrenaline GTS12?

It’s More Comfortable— The lacing system or “eye row” on the GTS12 is designed so that it can stretch more. The result? The upper portion of the GTS12 moves more with your stride, putting less pressure on the top side of your foot and making the entire running experience more comfortable.

It’s Lighter— Our shoe designers took a look at the top portion of the GTS11 and decided they could make it lighter without losing any stability. They utilized lighter, more streamlined overlays in key areas across the top of the shoe.  This innovation also allows the shoe to fit closer to the foot while feeling more breathable.

A More Comfortable Catapillar Crash Pad

A More Comfortable Catapillar Crash Pad

The Landing Crash Pad is Better— The “Caterpillar Crash Pad”, or the bottom portion of the heel, in the GTS12 is more mobile. Carson stated that the Caterpillar Crash Pad was tweaked and adjusted just enough to allow the shoe to roll better as you land on it. Thus giving you an easier, more comfortable, landing.

What’s the Same?

The Fit—The fit of the GTS11 is the best thing since sliced bread and we decided not to mess with it.

The DNA—The DNA technology was first introduced in the GTS11 and runner’s enjoyed it so much that we kept it in the GTS12.

Pivot Posting

Pivot Posting

Pivot Posting— This technology allows the post to progress across the shoe from soft to hard. The advantage? Each runner gets just the amount of posting that he or she needs. This invention is exclusive to Brooks and we decided to keep it around for the GTS12.

Sizing—Don’t worry the GTS12 comes in average, wide, extra wide, narrow, and extra narrow widths.

About Kristen
Kristen has worked for Brooks since summer 2011 and is an addicted runner. She ran in the Big 10 conference for The Ohio State University where she recently finished her master’s degree in Communication. Kristen is now running half-marathons (with a PR of 1:18:41) and full marathons (2:45:46). Kristen is a 2012 Olympic Marathon Trials qualifier.
4 Comments
  • http://pulse.yahoo.com/_XMPPPBRE267C2FJYIDZV6K5YVA Christopher Garges

I got a set of these to test, you will not be disappointed!!

• Armyboy1969

How can I get on a list to be a tester? I loved the 11, and I am ready to buy a new pair for winter training!

• Precydailey

just bought 11`s so will buy these in two years and save 30 bucks

• Gene Zackerman

Just bought a pair of Adrenaline 12’s yesterday!  I wore out a pair of Trance 10’s.  Since I am making great strides (no pun intended!) in transitioning to a midfoot striker, I felt that I didn’t need as much heel cushioning.  The good folks at Fleet Feet filmed and analyzed my stride, and recommended the Adrenalines.  Looking forward to hitting the road!