Oct | 19
(3)
Events, Run Happy Inspiration, Running Tips

Brooks Trains Bachelor Stars Jason and Molly Mesnick

Jason and Molly Mesnick

Brooks is training Jason and Molly Mesnick from The Bachelor for the Las Vegas Rock 'N' Roll 1/2 Marathon. What advice would you give them?

As the old adage goes, the couple that runs together, stays together. This could not be more true for Jason and Molly Mesnick, stars of the T.V. show The Bachelor and runners who will be toeing the start together at the Las Vegas Rock ‘N’ Roll Marathon Series on December 4, 2011.

That’s just six weeks from now. And while Jason and Molly have run two half-marathons in the past, they have never officially training for a race and instead have used their guts and sheer willpower to make it to the finish line. This year will be different because they do not just want to finish the half-marathon in Vegas, they want to set new personal records for the 13.1-mile race.

To help them with this goal, Molly and Jason are partnering with Brooks for guidance on training for their upcoming race. Over the next month and a half we will be supporting them and reporting on their preparation. On race day, Brooks will be in Vegas cheering them on and filming as they run down the Las Vegas Strip with 20,000 other runners.

Checkout the video below and wish them good luck! You can also add your own half-marathon training advice in the comments section. Also, be sure to follow Jason (@Jason_Mesnick) and Molly (@MollyMesnick) on Twitter for daily updates on their progress.

About Joel
I am a runner in Seattle, Washington. When I'm not at work, I enjoy camping, running trail races and exploring the outdoors.
3 Comments
  • http://www.runtothefinish.com RunToTheFinish

Yeah! I love seeing people go after their very first distance race! More than anything at the end of the day just enjoy the race and take it all in! Be proud of yourself for making the effort and don’t let race number 1 be about the clock.

• http://www.brooksrunning.com Joel Ballezza, Brooks

Great point@Runtofinish:disqus

• Victor generalao

well mix up your runs with some minimalist running like 2 days out of a 5 day run week it will help improve your gait. And read Hal higdons  Marathon the ultimate training guide it also has some solid advice.