Oct | 10
(7)
Run Happy Inspiration, Running Tips, Shoes & Gear

Gore-Tex and Brooks? This can only be a match made in Seattle

Adrenaline ASR GTX

Clouds and rain, you are no match for Brooks

During the past year, Seattle had over 170 rainy days. As a result, here at Brooks we’re used to running in the rain. But this doesn’t mean that we enjoy having soggy wet feet or listening to the methodical squeaky sound of wet running shoes. So, as your Rain City experts, we set out to fix the problem of soggy running feet. The solution we came up with? Partner with Gore-Tex!

We took the Adrenaline ASR GTX and the Ghost 4 and lined them with Gore-Tex. The Gore-Tex membrane provides waterproof protection that keeps your feet dry. But the lining is still highly breathable. Think of Gore-Tex as a one-way tollbooth: sweat and moisture can get out, but rain can’t get in. Now you can run happy and comfortably even on the soggiest trails in the rainiest weather—no matter how many puddles you have to step in, Brooks has you covered.

What happens when you spray our Gore-Tex shoes with a hose? A fan on YouTube, grummygrum, decided to find out! Watch his video below.

Or watch a video we put together…

Brooks and Gore-Tex: A match made in Seattle

About Kristen
Kristen has worked for Brooks since summer 2011 and is an addicted runner. She ran in the Big 10 conference for The Ohio State University where she recently finished her master’s degree in Communication. Kristen is now running half-marathons (with a PR of 1:18:41) and full marathons (2:45:46). Kristen is a 2012 Olympic Marathon Trials qualifier.
7 Comments
  1. Slaglemhc

I loved the idea of these Gortex shoes. I already have a pair of Adrenaline trail shoes. The new Adrenaline GTX are very stiff and actually gave me shin splints this weekend.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.