Jun | 28
(3)
Brooks Promotion Codes, Run Happy Inspiration

Coach Amy Pitzel Wins 2011 Brooks Inspiring Coach of the Year

Coach Pitzel Accepts the 2011 Inspiring Coaches Award from CEO Jim Weber

Coach Pitzel receives her Inspiring Coaches award from Brooks CEO Jim Weber

Described by her peers and athletes as “the glue that bonds her team like no other”, last night Coach Amy Pitzel from Katy, Texas was selected as the 2011 Brooks Inspiring Coach of the Year.

Pitzel is the head cross country coach and assistant track coach at Katy Taylor High School and was one of 10 finalists selected from a nationwide pool of elite entries representing 46 states.

As the award-winner, Coach Pitzel receives $12,500 in cash and Brooks performance gear for her school. She also got an invitation for two to attend the 2012 Brooks PR Invitational, a national track meet where the fastest high school runners compete against one another and chase their personal records.

Brooks Sports, Inc. created the Brooks Inspiring Coaches program in February 2011 to identify and honor coaches across the nation who go above and beyond to build and keep their programs strong, make a lasting difference in the lives of their athletes, and inspire everyone in the community to run and be active.

Congratulations to Coach Pitzel and to all the Inspiring Coaches finalists!

Interview with Coach Amy Pitzel

Inspiring Coach of the Year Announcement Video

About Joel
I am a runner in Seattle, Washington. When I'm not at work, I enjoy camping, running trail races and exploring the outdoors.
3 Comments
  1. Rachel Phillips

Coach Pitzel definitely deserves this award! Thank you Brooks for encouraging coaches to take such influential roles in their athletes’ lives. Coach Pitzel was a great coach, inspiring mentor, and second mom to me when I was in high school. I have already graduated from college and I keep up with her!

2. Maggie Murray

Congrats Coach, you deserve it. You inspire greatness and pride in those who compete for you. Good luck next season!!

3. Janet Roart

Congratulations Coach Pitzel! It was wonderful when Taylor finally got a consistent cross country coach but even better when it was you. Thank you for taking the time to inspire so many awesome athletes.

Janet Roarty

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.