May | 17
(1)
Brooks Athletes, Run Happy Inspiration

Morning Run with Desiree Davila

Running with Desi

Last week, Brooks held our  bi-annual company meeting at the beautiful Coeur d’Alene Resort . Before we got down to business each day, Brooks staff (including CEO Jim Weber) met at 5:50 a.m. for a company run.

This was my first group run since joining the Brooks team, so I didn’t know what to expect. I knew everyone loved running, but I was surprised when I got down to the lobby to see 50+ smiling faces this early in the morning. When do these people sleep?

On Tuesday morning we had a special guest join us for our out-and-back run along Coeur d’Alene Lake. Hansons-Brooks Distance Project athlete and second-place finisher in the 2011 Boston Marathon Desiree Davila (“like” her on Facebook )!

Just the night before I watched a video clip of Desi sprinting the last few steps of the 2011 Boston Marathon, neck-and-neck with the winner, and now I was standing next to her. Amazing!

While Desi was fierce during competition, she couldn’t have been nicer in person and chatted with us as we ran. We talked about the weather, where we went to college and the breakfast waiting for us back at the hotel.

Our group jogged counter-clockwise around the lake and was greeted by clear skies and a brilliant, golden sun. After running out for 3.5 miles on trail and gravel, we turned back, hungry for breakfast.

What an amazing way to start the day!

Thanks Desi for a fantastic run!

Enhanced by Zemanta

About Joel
I am a runner in Seattle, Washington. When I'm not at work, I enjoy camping, running trail races and exploring the outdoors.
1 Comments
  • http://joelballezza.sweat365.com/ Joel Ballezza

@Tiffany Thanks for the offer. We have Desi’s boston finish. Thanks anyway!