Oct | 11
(3)
Brooks Athletes, Run Happy Inspiration

Desiree Davila becomes 4th-fastest American female marathoner ever!

Visit runbrooks.com for more Videos

Congratulations to Desiree Davila, member of the Hansons-Brooks Original Distance Project (ODP), who became the first American female finisher and fourth-place overall female finisher at the Bank of America Chicago Marathon on 10/10/10. Desi ran a PR of 2:26:20, making her the fourth fastest U.S. female marathoner of all time. Only Olympic medalist Deena Kastor, Olympic medalist Joan Benoit Samuelson, and Kara Goucher have run faster.

“Today Desi catapulted herself into the position of the top four U.S. women marathoners, placing her amongst American marathoning royalty,” said Kevin Hanson, co-founder and coach of the Hansons-Brooks ODP. “Joanie, Deena, and Kara have all been wonderful ambassadors of the sport, and it is an honor to have Desi’s name listed so close to these marathon icons.”

“We’re so proud of Desi, and of all the Hansons-Brooks runners who raced today,” said Jesse Williams, sports marketing manager for Brooks Sports. “The group continues to make great strides in distance running by supporting and pushing each other every day, all while showcasing the Run Happy spirit Brooks is all about. Desi showcased that today!”

Founded with the mission to revive American distance running, the Hansons-Brooks ODP is the one of the largest post-collegiate elite running groups in the nation. Living, working, and running together on a daily basis, they use the power of team training to reach their running goals.

Other top Hansons-Brooks ODP female team member performances came from Melissa White and Dot McMahan, who finished 16th and 17th, respectively, with times of 2:35:02 and 2:36:01. On the men’s side, Hansons-Brooks ODP runners Mike Morgan and Luke Humphrey finished 11th and 12th, respectively, with times of 2:14:55 and 2:15:49.

About Sunny
I'm a runner, writer, and traveler who loves running half marathons. I live in Seattle with my much faster husband and two rescue cats. I also have an inexplicable affection for otters.
3 Comments
  • http://www.footzone.com/ Running Shoes Seattle

Congrats Desi for being the 4th fastest U.S. female marathoner of all time! Keep it up!

• http://runinamerica.com Mark U.

Congratulations to Desiree, who truly deserved her P.R. and strong fourth place Chicago finish by virtue of her intelligence, dedication and raw talent.

• RANDY T

WE KNEW THE BEST WAS YET TO COME! WHAT AN AWESOME RACE TODAY!