Oct | 5
(2)
Brooks Athletes, Run Happy Inspiration

Monday inspiration: Coach Buddy Albro

Six years ago Buddy Albro started a running club at the elementary school where he teaches P.E. Today, roughly 600 students, teachers, and parents participate in the Krueger Elementary Running Club. Last year they ran over 25,000 miles. In a recent profile from the San Antonio edition of examiner.com, Coach Albro pointed out that a child’s motivation is personal, and detailed a number of different ways to inspire different kids, including goals, awards, and competition.

Coach Albro created a new community race to help inform other schools in the area how beneficial running can be — and to inspire them to start clubs of their own. The Hallo-Weiner 5K & Kids Monster Mile will take place on Halloween, of course, in Seguin, Texas. All procees will benefit the KERC — and there are some great Brooks prizes to be won.

We’re not going to quote Whitney Houston or anything, but inspiring kids to be active is really important. What are you doing in your community to inspire the next generation of runners?

About Sunny
I'm a runner, writer, and traveler who loves running half marathons. I live in Seattle with my much faster husband and two rescue cats. I also have an inexplicable affection for otters.
2 Comments

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.