Aug | 5
(7)
Running Tips, Shoes & Gear

Brooks Adrenaline GTS 9 vs. Trance 9: What’s the difference?

Brooks Adrenaline GTS 9 and Trance 9

Brooks Adrenaline GTS 9 and Trance 9

Great question came in from a customer today: what’s the real difference between the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 9 (our most popular shoe) and our other shoe in the support category, the Trance 9 ?

Someone who wears the Adrenaline GTS 9 could also wear the Trance 9, as they provide support for the same type of foot: a moderate pronator.  With that said, there are a few key differences between these shoes:

– One of the biggest difference is the fit. The Adrenaline GTS 9 has its signature "midfoot wrap". (“Midfoot wrap” is how the upper of the shoe conforms to the middle of the foot. Not just the arch, but also the side of the foot. With a snug midfoot wrap you get a shoe that feels “at one” with the foot.) In comparison, the Trance 9 can feel like it has a wider toe box.
– The Trance 9 provides much more cush in both the heel and the forefoot by using our biggest Hydroflow XL pad.
– The materials in the upper of the Trance are plusher and softer, which adds to the cost.

About Joel
I am a runner in Seattle, Washington. When I'm not at work, I enjoy camping, running trail races and exploring the outdoors.
7 Comments
  • Kelly

Is the Adrenaline discontinued? It is such a popular shoe. Is a different version coming out? This is my favorite men’s shoe!

• http://www.beautyshoesworld.com ffhii

The shoe is very good.I want to buy,but I have no money.

• http://www.brooksrunning.com penelope_at_brooks

Adrenaline is NOT discontinued.

The next edition, the Adrenaline GTS 10, comes out later this year.

• Mike worstell

When will the GTS 10 be offered for sale?

• Adail Cavalheiro

And what´s the difference between Ravenna and Infiniti 2? I have 180 lb and I am wondering if Ravenna can provide me the cush I need, otherwise, would Infiniti 2 be better for me? I am mild pronator and I want anybody to give any answer. mailme at:

adailcavalheiro@uol.com.br

• Dylan

The ravenna lacks a lot of the forefoot cushioning that the infiniti has, unfortunately, the infiniti will be discontinued I think after next spring? someone can check up on that one, I just know it’s not long until it’s being phased out.

• Cindy May

I have a question 2 years ago I bought a pair of Sycouny white tennis shows and my 1 foot on the bottom would get severe pain it after I had a surgery on my breast when i would put on my Nikes/ sketchers and New balance. I would have to take a pair of sandals or crocs with me to ASAP get those brands off. Only show I found was the Sycouny that never hurt the ball of my left foot. I am curious comapring the difference bewtween buying another pair of sycouny’s vs brooks?