Feb | 20
(5)
Brooks Athletes, Running Tips

More Brooks Running Shoes With Biodegradable Midsoles!

Last year, Brooks introduced the first-ever biodegradable running shoe midsole: BioMoGo,

How’s it work? Adding a non-toxic, natural additive to our MoGo midsole compound encourages anaerobic microbes to munch away once it hits the landfill. Traditional midsoles can last up to 1,000 years in a landfill — but BioMoGo breaks down 50 times faster, biodegrading into reusable byproducts within 20 years!

BioMoGo made its debut in the Brooks Trance 8, but is now also available in the Adrenaline™ GTS 9 (M’s/W’s), Glycerin® 7 (M’s/W’s), Defyance 2 (M’s/W’s), Infiniti 2 (M’s/W’s), and Cascadia 4 (M’s/W’s). Watch for more Brooks shoes with BioMoGo to hit the shelves later this year.

To learn more about BioMoGo, visit the Brooks Green Room.

About Jess
I work at Brooks in the fun and energetic marketing department in support of our athlete events. I ran at the University of Washington and now run marathons and just daily for fun. I love to eat pizza or waffles after my runs. My favorite Brooks shoe is the Launch!
5 Comments
  1. karlrysted

I loved the article in the green issue of Runner’s World that featured the efforts Brooks is making. I didn’t realize until now that the Adrenaline is going green, too!

2. Collins Pt.

Biodegradable plastic and packaging is a modern necessity for our ever-endangered environment.
    Now PLA has been used to line the indoors of Paper Cups in place of the oil based lining additional usually used, create Plastic Cups, Plates, Carrier Bags, Food Packaging and even Nappies.
    Eco Pure is our proprietary blend of organic materials that does not modify the base resin to which it is added.

Thanks a lot for your information

3. Collins Pt

Great topic here.
    Work of many people on this issue of plastic, there are several plastic materials recycling organic-based view. In February, for example, Imperial College London and bioceramic drug polymer biodegradable plastic from sugar derived from the decay of lignocellulosic biomass. There is also an existing plant more corn starch and plastics based on paper, including household goods and food packaging, bioplastics toys, plastic dynamic Cereplast. Metabolix also several lines of plastic products from corn, in cooperation with partner companies.

4. Lizzie

Keep in mind biodegradable is a word that is being thrown around a lot recently and it has a lot of people confused. Biodegradable applies to natural plant materials, some plant based plastics and not much else. Everything *eventually* will breakdown (bio-degrade) but how long does it take? And will these materials become soil? Or will they just become smaller pieces of plastic, rubber, metal, etc? Keep these questions in mind when you are looking for natural and biodegradable products.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.