Aug | 24
(1)
Brooks Athletes, Events

Jesse’s Last Post from Beijing…

Beijing- Day 7
Marathon Day!!  Today was the Men’s Olympic Marathon and team USA ran well.  The young Kenyan stole the show by breaking the Olympic record by three minutes on a warm day here in Beijing.
Ritz, Hall, and Sell moved up throughout the race to end up 9th, 10th, and 22nd overall.  Sell was in 66th place at 10k and around 40th at halfway.  The team ran tough and no one left anything out there on the course!  This was the deepest marathon field ever assembled and the US should be proud.
The Hansons-Brooks ODP has come a long was since starting their partnership in 2003 and so has Brian Sell!  Congrats to both on their first Olympics and here is to hoping for many more!!!
Tonight we are off to watch the closing ceremonies and try some Peking Duck.  It has been a great experience here in Beijing and one none of us will ever forget.  I hope to see many more of our athletes running down the dream in London 2012!  Run Happy, Run London……….

About Jess
I work at Brooks in the fun and energetic marketing department in support of our athlete events. I ran at the University of Washington and now run marathons and just daily for fun. I love to eat pizza or waffles after my runs. My favorite Brooks shoe is the Launch!
1 Comments

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.